The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a bachelor party weekend trip to Austin in July. The bachelor is as much of a car nut as I am and I'm doing much Google research for things to do.

The tour of COTA looks great, and I found a few karting places and stuff like that. Anything off the beaten path that anyone would recommend?

Unfortunately the rest of the group is probably not up for spending the entire weekend doing car related activities, but I'm selfish and can justify doing what I want by saying it's what the bachelor wants to do too.

I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Drinks and live Music at Historic Luckenbach TX, lots of good Golf Courses in the area, many many things to do around here.

·
JPS Evora S
15 Posts
Go drive the Three Sisters in the Hill Country. It's the Texas version of the Tail of the Dragon. Not as technical, but fast, scenic and fun.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Go drive the Three Sisters in the Hill Country. It's the Texas version of the Tail of the Dragon. Not as technical, but fast, scenic and fun.

You've gotta go early around 6am to avoid the Motorbike traffic, but yes a great drive

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tell him to move the date to October and do the F1 race! :shrug:
We seriously wanted to do that, but we couldn't get his wife to move the wedding date :shrug:

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry it took so long for me to come back to this section and look at it. The Texas region just isn't in my normal LT rotation, you know?

Also, I heard if we have a big enough order, we can order Franklin's ahead of time and pick up before they open, does that sound right? *Edit: Looked it up on their website and I'll give it a try!

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got an email from Franklin's yesterday that they accepted my preorder! Thanks @RBH!
I have the COTA tour on the itinerary for Sunday morning and I'm trying to work some karting in right after we leave the track.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
The road up Mt Bonnell used to be one of the best drives in the country.

I've heard they changed it, but not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts