The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned 20 bought a 05 elise my insurance is $385 a month... Just curious how much everyone else's is. Im pretty sure im getting raped.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I just turned 20 bought a 05 elise my insurance is $385 a month... Just curious how much everyone else's is. Im pretty sure im getting raped.
Full-coverage daily driver at 20...sounds about right. I paid 240/month at 22 with a clean record for 'pleasure use only' on my elise. Liability was 250k/500k for medical and 100k for property.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how does that work with the pleasure use only? would i be able to get that and just drive it everyday without them knowing and get the cheaper insurance?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
how does that work with the pleasure use only? would i be able to get that and just drive it everyday without them knowing and get the cheaper insurance?
If you don't commute to work or school, you can list it as pleasure use only. To do so would be insurance fraud...but would they find out? From speaking to a few insurance reps it's highly unlikely, however, YMMV. Always best to be honest.

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
Less than $100 / month with $100/$300k limits of liability and second car discount.

Probably because the insurance actuaries think 50 y/o men are safe and prudent. :wave:

NOT :evil:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm 38, no accidents or tickets. I spend $600 per year.

You'll probably be amazed what happens when you turn 25. I remember my rates were halved by USAA. I celebrated by drinking heavily for an entire weekend (and take cabs).

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
No need to suspect - that feeling is your insurance company bending you over.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh its great but how long untill they wont bend me over anymore.. 5 years is a long time till 25... it wont change before that?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm 22 and pay ~1100 a yr for my Exige S. No tickets/accidents and highest deductibles.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
$900 year. 52 YO, clean record (now).

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
$58 month. Listed under leisure. No accidents (knock on wood).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm 38, no accidents or tickets. I spend $600 per year.

You'll probably be amazed what happens when you turn 25. I remember my rates were halved by USAA. I celebrated by drinking heavily for an entire weekend (and take cabs).
I have USAA too - you can't compare their rates to other insurance cos - if you're eligible for USAA it's always the best way to go and they never screw around with you - great company to deal with... plus those dividend checks each year are icing on the cake - john.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i think i beat you all at $30 a month -but no collission just comprehensive.geico

·
Registered
90 Posts
Massachusetts Rates are High

$1400/yr. $100/300 Liability. $500 deductible on collision.

fredkto

1 - 20 of 99 Posts