The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week or two I've notice my car seems like its gasping when I accelerate as if it doesn't want to go forward, only in 1st gear. At stop lights when I'm idling, it sputters some and feels/sounds like its going to stall out, which has happened 2-3 times now.

I'm going to take it over to Gator Motorsports in Indy, but I'm just curious as to what you may think the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Madison,
From your codes BOTH your 02 sensors (upstream and downstream of your Cat) are in an unhappy state. Unless you have been running leaded fuel, or you are burning oil, it is unlikely both sensors would tank at the same time. Most likely scenario is your Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) is mis-reporting the amount of air your engine is ingesting, which is confusing your ECU and causing a lean condition. Your MAF is a good place to start. Once again, this is assuming the first statement about lead and oil.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought 2 new O2 sensors from dori_dori and they took a while to get to me because the shipped from overseas. I recently put the pre-cat sensor on about 3 weeks ago. Soon after this started. Prior to that I put on the post cat sensor maybe 3 months ago.

Perhaps these are the problem? I will ask consult with him once I have information from T.J. on Tuesday. Maybe they have a quality control issue or something?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I would suggest you clean your MAF if all your codes happened in the same day.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I thought I would give an update. I went over to Gator Motorsports and had another A+ excellent service and a great visit again. They cleared the schedule to squeeze me in today so I could get in and out the same day.

My cat was clogged and causing all kind of problems. My new O2 sensor I just put in a few weeks back re-burned out so that was shot. T.J. found my rear motor mount was cracked and I was in bad need of new spark plugs.

After all was said and done, I had a the cat replaced, a new O2 sensor and 4 new plugs. The air intake/air box was inspected and cleaned as well. The car runs great again, and my gas mileage went back up to 25'ish a gallon from 15.

Life is good again... :shift:

Just wanted to give another kudos to Gator Motorsports, Young and T.J. and the rest of the staff. It's an awesome shop, with awesome people. I could not ask for better.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Sweet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts