The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when the car is in neutral feet off pedals the RPMs shake from 1k to about 1.5k every 5 seconds or so and i feel the car jerk alittle when this happens this just started today no check engine light and everything else seems fine any ideas why
---Spencer

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Mine does that too. I doubt it matters.

If you're really considered, tell us:

Year Model
Miles
Mods

·
Registered
229 Posts
engine surge while idling

I had that happen to my beloved Lotus Elise. At first, it was very intermittent and very infrequent. RPMs would surge up to 2,000. Sometimes, it would stay up there. Then, it happened more frequently. Then, the engine light came on. 1 trip to the dealer, new software, and it's all fixed. Runs better than when it was new. All done under warranty.

2007 w/ 14K miles

·
Registered
23 Posts
hope its all good here guys

i dont have one of these machines..

never touched a powerplant that wasnt out of Bavaria...

and standard net stranger disclaimer: i know nothing :shrug:

a hunting/surging idle can be caused by vacuum leaks.

check intake and vacuum hoses for cracks or unsettled connections.

check the conditon of your spark plugs... their diagnosis may lead you in the right direction as well.

also, a bottle of chevron techron or a favoured injector cleaner in your next tank of gas never hurts in these kinds of situations.

keep us posted

oue

·
Registered
143 Posts
hope its all good here guys

i dont have one of these machines..

never touched a powerplant that wasnt out of Bavaria...

and standard net stranger disclaimer: i know nothing :shrug:

a hunting/surging idle can be caused by vacuum leaks.

check intake and vacuum hoses for cracks or unsettled connections.

check the conditon of your spark plugs... their diagnosis may lead you in the right direction as well.

also, a bottle of chevron techron or a favoured injector cleaner in your next tank of gas never hurts in these kinds of situations.

keep us posted

oue
Mine has done this since day one...occasionally stalling out. 2008 Exige 240 1500 miles. I'm hoping mine wouldn't have any of the listed details above because that would mean it's from Factory and not a wear and tear issue.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My elise did the same thing. Lotus dealer re-flashed the computer and it's much improved. Drives smoother at low rpm and doesn't act like it wants stall anymore. 05 elise 31000 miles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts