The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been contemplating this for a while and found a friend of a friend who welds. So the project begun.
Fold up ramps. No more having to lift them off the lift and back on. Just fold them up and fold them down. Works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice idea. actually makes me want to think of a way to elevate my car in the garage so we can park another one beneath it...
Thanks, I have had the lift for a few years now but just wanted a more efficient way to use the ramps. This worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This is great post, thanks! I have no welder but nothing that a big drill bit, bolts, and some time won't solve. ;) These steel ramps are 50lbs each... not too bad if they had a handle on them but they are somewhat cumbersome to pick up off the floor and move around. The aluminum versions are about $300 a set.

Looks like there is still room for the stopper-plates if you still wanted to use them. What is the height of your ceiling? The ramps wouldn't be higher than my Exige which means I prob wouldn't need the 2nd set of folds. I have 10ft ceiling.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is great post, thanks! I have no welder but nothing that a big drill bit, bolts, and some time won't solve. ;) These steel ramps are 50lbs each... not too bad if they had a handle on them but they are somewhat cumbersome to pick up off the floor and move around. The aluminum versions are about $300 a set.

Looks like there is still room for the stopper-plates if you still wanted to use them. What is the height of your ceiling? The ramps wouldn't be higher than my Exige which means I prob wouldn't need the 2nd set of folds. I have 10ft ceiling.
thanks, and your welcome. Part of the reason i posted to share an idea with other who have lifts. Yea the stopper plate i think will still fit.
My ceiling is 10 ft 1 inch. But had to do the fold because of the garage door. i will take another pick with lotus on the lift and at full height so you can see hot the second fold is needed in my case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts