The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the challenger 4 post lift. The company is located near to me in Louisville KY. I've been very pleased with the reliability and quality. I've had it for more than 4 years.

I do not have the rolling jack. But a bonus is that when the car is on the lift and the lift is on the ground then my low profile jack and cross beam fit underneath it and I can get the cross beam pads on the front jacking points and lift the front of the car up.

As others have noted a high lift garage door conversion is needed.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
The Advantage Specs are great for my fit... can one of you please measure the platform height off the ground when lowered? My AMG has a 4 inch clearance compared to the 6 inch of the Evora... glad I measured... didn’t expect that.
Track thickness is shown as 4.5" (SS-9000-XLT) on their website. However, it does sit up slightly when in the lowest (floor) position.

I would be more than happy to get a precise measurement, but I am currently 350 miles away. So, it would have to wait several days...

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Great thread, I’m going to be building a new garage and I’m going to pretty much build it around having one or 2 four post lifts. Been looking at a lot, but there is a challenger dealer local

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Great thread, I’m going to be building a new garage and I’m going to pretty much build it around having one or 2 four post lifts. Been looking at a lot, but there is a challenger dealer local
For a little more $ I prefer the Advantage now... beefier construction, wider between columns and lifts higher and is more aesthetically appealing for me (gray, red and some aluminum diamond plate).

I called the mfg and they are hooking me up with contractor recommendations.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I owned an off brand Chinese two poster many years ago, seemed great at first but parts were clearly a challenge. I went on to Bendpak and was happy with them, prompt email/phone support in the US. My HD9ST four poster wasn't much more than the generic brands, I added their pneumatic trolley jack (RJ45?) and it was awesome, worked great with my Elise. I've since moved to a smaller garage and an Evora, and have their 4' mid rise lift (MD6XP), a far cry from a four poster but way better than jack stands and lying on the floor. Pros are 120v, easy setup, "portable" and I park over it everyday with a set of low raceramps.

tl,dr: a lift is a looong term purchase, buy from a company you expect to be there in 10+ years.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I owned an off brand Chinese two poster many years ago, seemed great at first but parts were clearly a challenge. I went on to Bendpak and was happy with them, prompt email/phone support in the US. My HD9ST four poster wasn't much more than the generic brands, I added their pneumatic trolley jack (RJ45?) and it was awesome, worked great with my Elise. I've since moved to a smaller garage and an Evora, and have their 4' mid rise lift (MD6XP), a far cry from a four poster but way better than jack stands and lying on the floor. Pros are 120v, easy setup, "portable" and I park over it everyday with a set of low raceramps.

tl,dr: a lift is a looong term purchase, buy from a company you expect to be there in 10+ years.
I'm considering one of the mid rise lifts for the Evora, but what is preventing me from pulling the trigger is do the lift pads reach the lift points? It seems that it would either be too, wide, narrow, long or short, since the font lift points are in a different orientation than the rears.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I have a no name Complete Hydraulics lift that I've had for 12 years. It's a SL 10,000 OH asymmetrical lift and I've had a ton of various cars and truck on it, including the Evora. I haven't had any problems with it (knock on wood) except I had to replace the key switch with a toggle (someone took the key out and it was lost) and it's served me well. I had a Jeep Wagoneer project that sat on it for 9 months with no problems. I also had a diesel Dodge truck, no issues with lifting it either.
I also owned a 4 post lift with 2 air bridge jacks. I thought it would be great for general maintenance and parking. I was wrong. It was more of a pain to use than the 2 post so I sold it. It might have been that I had the 4 post next to the 2 post, but the 2 post, in my opinion, is just easier to work around. To me, it depends on what you want to use the lift for. If you think majority parking and very occasional work, 4 post. Actual work, 2 post. FYI, a couple of friends of mine and I installed mine in a day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After a ton of research last year, I purchased a Titan SPDL-8000 4 post lift and actually installed it by myself (not recommended) My garage only has an 8'9" ceiling so its only good for cars 45-51" tall. I think we ended up paying around $2400 for it, It came with the Jacking tray (tool tray is what I use it for)and wheels to get it in place. I've been pleased with it:smile2:

As a side note, if you get a four post lift, install LED ribbon light under the runways. I installed two 16' rolls of 5000K LED Lights and a cheap remote switch that's attached to one of the posts. I've got the wiring attached so that the lift can be operated without affecting the lighting

The pic of the Lotus is with all the garage lights off and just the LED's on, it's looks great!

https://titanlifts.com/4-post/titan-sdpl-8000-4-post-lift

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
As a side note, if you get a four post lift, install LED ribbon light under the runways. I installed two 16' rolls of 5000K LED Lights and a cheap remote switch that's attached to one of the posts. I've got the wiring attached so that the lift can be operated without affecting the lighting
Yep! I thought I was being original putting LED strips under my runways, but I guess not. Went with motion activated ones that also have a light sensor, so they only come on at night.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
With 2 pages on this thread already and I’m surprised no one has mentioned anything about Rotary lifts. Also what about Bendpak? Is it because Rotary is too expensive? So far I’ve narrowed down to three brands that I’m interested in: Rotary, BendPak, and Atlas. Does anyone else have experience with these lifts?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
With 2 pages on this thread already and I’m surprised no one has mentioned anything about Rotary lifts. Also what about Bendpak? Is it because Rotary is too expensive? So far I’ve narrowed down to three brands that I’m interested in: Rotary, BendPak, and Atlas. Does anyone else have experience with these lifts?
Rotary, Mohawk, and Dannmar was too much $$$ for me when I was shopping. I also considered Bendpak, since they're somewhat local (in the same state) and affordable but didn't want a lift with pneumatic locks or accessories.

Atlas was on the short list too, but ultimately the Challenger won out over price, included accessories, shipping times, ALI certification, etc. I think a lot of the 4-posts in this general price range are all more or less the same. Some use Chinese steel, some use Korean steel, some have ALI certs, some don't, some are assembled elsewhere, some are assembled in the US. Warranties vary per mfg, and some depend on maintenance being performed only by a certified tech, etc.

All I know is having a lift has made wrenching at home more enjoyable and accessible, so you probably can't go wrong with any of the options, as long as it's well-built and from a reputable company.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I have a 2 post and a 4 post lift. The 2 post is a Direct Lift that I have had for over 10 years. I have picked up a 1/2 crew cab truck with no problems. The only problem I have had with the DirectLift is the motor failed and in order to replace it, I had to replace the complete hydraulic unit. The 4 post is Bendpak. I purchased it because it is extra tall and extra wide but is standard length. At the time, Bendpak was the only company that made one with these dimensions. I needed it extra wide for the race car, not the one on the lift now.

I have to agree with one of the previous posters, if you plan to use the lift for any extensive work on the car, get a 2 post.

Later,
Eldon

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Would like to get a two post lift for my narrow garage.

What two post lift is 125" or less?

The only thing I have found so far is the Max Jack.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I just got Rotary's budget brand, Revolution. I was looking at Bendpak, but I have a 12' ceiling, and their two-post options were either 10' or 13'. Revolution had a 12' option that fits within inches, and it is was in between the two Bendpak widths. Having perfect dimensions and an installed price of $3,200 sold me on it, and I shouldn't have to worry about parts availability since Rotary is a major brand. I tried comparing Revolution to Bendpak, but all the info was outdated, so I am hardpressed to actually notice any differences other than the Bendpak came with an over-temp protection circuit the Revolution doesn't have. Shouldn't be an issue with a 1,900lb car, haha.

·
Registered
588 Posts
After a ton of research last year, I purchased a Titan SPDL-8000 4 post lift and actually installed it by myself (not recommended) My garage only has an 8'9" ceiling so its only good for cars 45-51" tall. I think we ended up paying around $2400 for it, It came with the Jacking tray (tool tray is what I use it for)and wheels to get it in place. I've been pleased with it:smile2:

The pic of the Lotus is with all the garage lights off and just the LED's on, it's looks great!

https://titanlifts.com/4-post/titan-sdpl-8000-4-post-lift

Neato!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts