The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Exige and have just tried to take it for a drive for the first time since the start of March. When I have come to try to get into the car, I can’t unlock it. I have changed the battery in my fob but this hasn’t helped. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Make sure that the door locks were not locked manually. They won't open with the key fob if that is the case. Try the key in the door lock to see if that is the case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that, unfortunately that’s not the problem! Locks are unlocked manually

·
Administrator
2,078 Posts
Have you tried to manually unlock and then use fob? Will it lock and unlock then? If not try resyncing your fob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have manually unlocking then using the fob but no luck. Do I not need the keys in the ignition to resync? (I am a relatively new owner so haven’t had to resync before)

·
Administrator
2,078 Posts
If you don't have owners manual...https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/re-syncing-key-fob-after-battery-change.123081/

·
Administrator
2,078 Posts
I had to do it when I first got car but don't remember exactly what I did. It would have been follow the manual or google and follow links though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I’ve tried to resync but at stage 2, the led light on the fob doesn’t turn off, even if I hold down for 30 seconds?

·
Administrator
2,078 Posts
I take it you only have one fob correct? I think I found the procedure I used two years ago. I remember I had to do it several times in order for it to work.
SYMPTOM:
Neither key fobs work; they won't disable/enable alarm and the doors won't lock/unlock. Luckily, my doors were unlocked at the time.

- Steps I used to resolve -

REMOTE KEY FOB - RESYNCHRONIZATION - USE WHEN EXISTING REMOTE CEASES TO WORK
1) Remove battery & wait 10 seconds before re-installing (re-sync can fail if this step is missed)
2) Hold down both buttons (remote fob LED will light) for approx.10 seconds until LED turns off.
3) Release both buttons and LED will turn on constantly.
4) Press large button for one second, LED will flash…re-sync. complete

--- The steps above have worked well for me in the past but failed this time after 20+ attempts... ---

-
REMOTE KEY FOB - PROGRAMMING - USE WHEN ADDING A NEW REMOTE INTO THE SYSTEM OR AFTER SEVERAL FAILED RE-SYNCING ATTEMPTS

IGNITION MUST BE ON (put key in and turn into ingition position) AND THE ALARM MUST BE OFF (in other words NOT blinking!) before proceeding.

STEP 1 – PREPARING ALL REMOTE KEY FOBS - ALL FOBS MUST BE DONE SIMULTANEOUSLY
Press and hold both buttons on remote until the LED stops flashing (about 10 seconds).
Do this for all remotes to be programmed
The LED on the remote should stay on until after programming.
Note: If the LED on the remote extinguishes by the time you want to program, the key has gone into battery
saving mode, press large button once to bring the LED back on then proceed with programming.

STEP 2 – ENTER PIN
1) Turn ignition ON and OFF 3 times within 5 seconds.
2) Security LED will blink once indicating that the security code can now be entered.
3) Enter security code as follows:
.... a) Turn ignition ON & count number of blinks representing 1ST digit of code then turn ignition OFF.
.... b) Repeat for 2nd digit.
.... c) Repeat for 3rd digit.
.... d) Repeat for 4th digit.
4) Turn ignition ON and LED will come on permanently if correct code has been entered

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, only one fob. I’ve tried the resuming option, and the light doesn’t turn off after 10 seconds. Is the best option just to keep trying and hope it works?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can’t do the programming option as I can’t get into the car to turn the ignition on and off

·
Administrator
2,078 Posts
Sorry didn't realize you just joined. Moderator will have to intervene and will ask for proof of ownership before any help. I've exhausted my list of things. How long have you owned car? There have been a ton of scammers and bad actors lately so they are taking a hard look with security and items for sale and everyone has to be vetted. Sorry I don't have anymore suggestions. You might want to start a heavy google search and rabbit holing until you can get ahold of a moderator. Reach out to oldmansan or Kubera

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had the car about 12 months now, but only just joined in an attempt to get this problem fixed! No problem, thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
my remote door unlock stopped working while i was out at the store... even now i can remote lock but it won't unlock with the button, so i have to remember not to hit it anymore... anyway, when i was locked out, I had to get a metal coat hanger and straighten and bend a little hook to catch the door popper... thankfully i was able to pull the window back enough to snake it in... 2 or 3 times now actually.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
anyway.. the fix is to replace (or have fixed, I believe somewhere offers that service) the Central Door Locking Module located in the dash, behind the panel on the passenger side

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2005 Exige and have just tried to take it for a drive for the first time since the start of March. When I have come to try to get into the car, I can’t unlock it. I have changed the battery in my fob but this hasn’t helped. Any ideas?
have you checked your car battery to make sure its not flat???

FYI the manual lock (outside door lock cylinder) is completely separate from the power lock system. you have to unlock both to open door. (yes its a lotus quirk)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts