·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:up::drool::drool::up:

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
Sweet Jesus, Symbolic of La Jolla is only 3 miles away from my house...! and I'm going over there tomorrow for my Elise!

This is my single favorite car of all time, and I've never seen one in person.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Sweet Jesus, Symbolic of La Jolla is only 3 miles away from my house...! and I'm going over there tomorrow for my Elise!

dude - i am STILL working tonight... well - gooffing off now obviously :)

call symbolic - if its there - i will be free after 12, and we can go together - my all time favorite car of all time (yes, i had to say it 2x) never seen one in person either!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

I'll go with you... :D but can't do weekdays (except lunch), only weekend.

Let me know if you want to go together. :)

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I have seen the car. It is orgasmic. Car has been in Japan for basically its entirely life. It has been repainted, from what they told me. Not as intimidating in person as the MC12 or S7 Turbo that I saw with THE STIG and CHARLIE in Symbolic Vegas. This car was understated, as it can be. Definitely big $. The color really didn't do it for. I much prefer the orange/bronze one that is in CA with the plate "SUBTLE," I believe it was owned by Armen of Newport autosport. A true drivers car, and last of the legends. Also the second car produced, non OBDII. Have fun, if you guys get to see it in person.

Q

·
0 Posts
Cool... never new it was a three-seater.

the only way I can describe it is...

Jizztastic!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Neither have I. I've seen Enzos, Veyrons, F40s, F50s etc... Never have I seen a McLaren F1 "in the wild".

Possibly the greatest automobile ever made.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
dude - i am STILL working tonight... well - gooffing off now obviously :)

call symbolic - if its there - i will be free after 12, and we can go together - my all time favorite car of all time (yes, i had to say it 2x) never seen one in person either!
I might be getting there right before they close, I have a full schedule tomorrow. I will call you. I wonder if they are keeping it in the showroom, or hiding it under a laser net in their service facility...

hey, did you guys ever see that video someone posted of that one covert group devising a plan to break into the dealership and steal an exotic? They drove away in an Elise.... I'm just sayin', maybe we should watch that video again... ? :) :)

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
:drool:

Anyone know what they're asking? I might consider trading in my Elise for it :D

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've seen one in a trophy shop (basically, an altar for the car) and it is fantastic. It's a true poster pin-up.

There will be better, faster cars, but nothing captures you like the idea of a McLaren F1.

Ferrari and Bugatti be damned.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I might be an exception, but I don't care for Alcantara interiors...beautiful car in every other regard, however.

And 98 Octane recommended?? Dang!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Japan. Well, at least that explains the front plate bracket on the car.
Anyone else note the similar window switches?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Awesome looking car form the outside and the engine compartment. The interior sucks though, especially that ugly dash. I won't buy one for that reason! Being poor has nothing to do with it! Seriously though, that interior is fugly. What a shame on an otherwise work of art.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Favorite car of all time, although I've never seen one in person. I doubt I ever will. Something about this car is so appealing, maybe because it was built with no compromises.

I'd rather have this car over a Veyron anytime.

To be honest with you I don't understand this big craze about top speed wars.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts