The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be wanting to ship an Elise from Abe in CA to me here in NC. Is there a shipping company that you would recommend (or advise against) from your experience?

Thanks!

Aaron

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Call my girlfriend, Frances. She works for a shipping company in So Cal called Dealer Transport. She specializes in cross country shipping. They already do business with South Bay BMW and she knows Abe well. 714 258-9300. Call on Monday and tell her I sent you. Congrats on buying from the best dealer in the country!

- Alan

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Serebo1 said:
Call my girlfriend, Frances. She works for a shipping company in So Cal called Dealer Transport. She specializes in cross country shipping. They already do business with South Bay BMW and she knows Abe well. 714 258-9300. Call on Monday and tell her I sent you. Congrats on buying from the best dealer in the country!

- Alan

Well, no guarantee just yet that I'm going to get the car (I should know monday) but I'm hoping...and many thanks for the information everyone :)

Aaron

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...and this is exactly why I love EliseTalk. It's so refreshing having a truly helpful message board and such a great community of people...

..anyways, it really does amaze me how great everyone here is...ah, I'm going to stop now before I sound too silly :)

Aaron

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
onecall1 said:
Do not use DAS..terrible.
Huge second, DAS are pure evil.

Q

·
0 Posts
I just shipped my Exige S in from Texas with Intercity Lines.

I highly recommend them.

Jim Gallagher was my driver. He could not have been more professional. He was a car enthusiast himself... (he collects TVRs). The cars were covered in the trailer to keep sand, dirt, and oil off of all of them. Very clean inside the transports.

When the driver went to back out my car, he even took his shoes off.

Pics here...

http://www.my914-6.com/lotus

I've also used FedEx Passport Transport for my first Elise from New Jersey to Florida... but if I shipped again, I'd use Intercity.

Porsche uses Intercity to ship the museum and factory cars to many of the various concours events...

http://www.intercitylines.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used passport, now a part of Fed Ex. Look under custom critical on their website. They driver that delivered my car had lots of experience with Lotus and was very knowledgeable and professional.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I've requested a few quotes now from some of the recommended companies...now I'll just wait for a response and see where I go from there...gotta wait until Monday to see whether I'll be needing shipping in the first place...

Aaron

·
Registered
230 Posts
A dealer recommended DAS to me...I started reading about them and back out totally on the deal...I figured if they could rep a good hauler then they are not rep'ing the car well.

I bought a different car and used Road Scholar - OUTSTANDING! They have one driver who handles speciality cars - very good.

JEff

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I used Horseless Carriage to ship my Elise and they were great. They had a car full of exotics when they dropped my car off, so they definitely are experienced at hauling cars that require special care.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
FedEx Passport did a fine job for me recently. Not the cheapest, but they did a fine job of hauling my Elise from Seattle to Texas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts