The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few times I have turn off the car I have noticed that it sounds like a small jet engine powering down. It comes from the back and it happens about a second or two after the ignition is off. Anyone experience this or know what it is?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have heard this on my car. It occured before I installed the super charger and I know is was NOT a jet engine back there either.

All I can suggest::tadts:

·
Registered
557 Posts
if im running the AC after a long drive and kill the engine it makes a glorious "powerdown" noise.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No cold are intake, just a stock car. I havent been running the AC either.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Could be the radiator fans.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
But you can still TELL people it has a jet engine.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
But you can still TELL people it has a jet engine.

think about all the questions he would get on top of the questions the lotus drivers get asked already. rotfl

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Somehow, this ended up in your trunk...
I didnt know if that was suppose to be there or not. I hope it doesnt have any bad effects. I was wondering how I have been able to run the quarter in 2.3 seconds.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
I LOVE that noise... I'll turn the A/C on to get the fans to kick in just so I can hear it when I pull into my garage... i guess I'm weird like that though. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Could be the radiator fans.
+1 I bet its the radiator fans.

I LOVE that noise... I'll turn the A/C on to get the fans to kick in just so I can hear it when I pull into my garage... i guess I'm weird like that though. :shrug:
heh heh - I thought I was the only one! :)

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
At some point while you were driving, your engine temp probably reached 209 so the fans turned on (half), and they stay on, until you turn the engine off

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I've had it from day one.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I didnt know if that was suppose to be there or not. I hope it doesnt have any bad effects. I was wondering how I have been able to run the quarter in 2.3 seconds.
Has it effected your gas mileage? ;)

I also get the powering down noise. I like the noise. It makes me smile everytime I hear it, lol. I figured it was just the fan for the radiator and/or ac. It never concerned me.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has it effected your gas mileage? ;)

I also get the powering down noise. I like the noise. It makes me smile everytime I hear it, lol. I figured it was just the fan for the radiator and/or ac. It never concerned me.
Yeah my tank was empty after about 100 meters but I was going fast enough to coast through the quarter mile at that time anyway.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
+1 on radiator fans

1 - 20 of 21 Posts