The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car about two months now. The car stalled twice. Once on my hill driveway and the second time on a flat surface road. It was riding slow and then just conked out. Only happened in first. No problems in any other gear.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had the car about two months now. The car stalled twice. Once on my hill driveway and the second time on a flat surface road. It was riding slow and then just conked out. Only happened in first. No problems in any other gear.

Any ideas?
Was it cold? If you disengage the immobilizer after you turn the key the engine does not prime correctly. I had this happen several times until I saw a thread covering the same thing.

:nanner:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

Any ideas?
"riding slow and then just conked out" sounds like you stalled it by not giving it enough gas...it is a manual transmission after all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
every once in a while my stock 07 elise starts to stall out after a "cold" start while in first when I give it gas. If I let it idle for a few seconds it seems to go away. If it keeps happening with any regularity, I'd make a stop by your shop for them to have a look see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts