The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the kenwood KIV-BT901. I am having a hard time with the Demo mode on the unit. Every time I turn on the car, I have to turn it off :(. I am trying to figure out how to fix this. Does anyone have this head unit or have ideas to fix it? I have searched the internet and nothing so far. It just says do the same thing I have been doing.

I had was also wondering if this has something to do with the Lotus alarm system? The CD player will not keep time and seems like it is starting up for the first time everytime.:mad:

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think it's not wire right. Most likely it doesn't have the battery wire connected, just the ignition. That's why it enters into demo mode and it doesn't keeps the time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think alglez is right, I have a very similar Kenwood head unit. When I bought it from Crutchfield, it came with a wiring harness which was indicated as a generic VW radio harness. IIRC, there was a slip of paper in the installation instructions which indicated a need to swap the yellow and red power wires vs. as indicated for the harness, it is the difference between always-on 12v lead vs. ignition-on 12v lead. That would explain your issue I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts