The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any places that rent car trailers? I don't remember ever seeing any Uhaul ones. If I get the Starshield I'll just drive it from Georgia to Florida, but if not I think it would be best to trailer it and have the clear stuff put on it down here. That way I won't get any chips on the way down. Thought about buying a trailer but would like to see how much to rent one for comparison.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked out the Uhaul page and put in my vehicle information. This is what I got...

The Lotus Elise 2DR 4 cyl. (RWD) does not fit on U-Haul towing equipment. This may be the result of the vehicle being too low to the ground among many other things. Using U-Haul towing equipment may cause damage to your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
xxxotic said:
Here is one: Sorry about the size being messed up.
Uhaul is a little picky about what they will let you put on the trailer. The picture shows you it will work, so you could probably rent it anyway, but be sure to have information about a car that they think is ok, because they will ask you about this when you pick up the trailer and wont rent it to you otherwise. Also, I've had problems before where you specify a trailer, and they give you a 2 wheel dolly in stead saying that its the same thing. So make sure the vehicle you tell them you are going to tow is 4wd and they'll have to give you the full trailer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Note that the Uhaul trailers are _really_ heavy. If you have a mid-sized tow vehicle, you may be near/over the low limit, even with a lithe Elise on board.

I used one for a lowered SpecMiata - ground clearance was close, but managable. If you do trailer - remember to use wheel tie downs (which are usually built into the Uhaul trailers).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts