The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 lotus elise

I parked on my friends driveway at a slight incline, hopped out of my car with the windows down, tried to hook my key set onto my belt loop and accidentally pressed the remote button

The alarm went off immediately for 3-5 minutes straight, nothing helped

After playing with battery switch and pressing the remote randomly, the siren stops

The siren sounds when I turn the ignition, car doesn't start, I can't lock or unlock the doors even after I re-synced the key fob, I'm stuck here and I can't drive the car home, please help!!!!

Anyone with advise please call me at 415-676-9544

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The led on the cluster just blinks at a steady rate when the siren is sounding

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
SirLotus is our alarm maven.

What position is the interior light behind the seats in? should be down.

just guessing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's in the down position, key remote battery is good

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
checking fuses now

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
fuse #11 is popped, replaced it with a new 10a fuse and the siren sounds immediately, key fob unresponsive

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, so i solved that problem and now i have another problem

to solve the alarm going off/no start/remote no response problem, i inserted a new fuse into #11 slot under the access panel, connected the battery, as the siren sounds, i did the key fob syncing procedure, and after a couple presses, i was able to start the car, i drove as fast as i could home and parked it in my garage

PROBLEM #2

as i pulled into the garage, parked the car, turned the ignition off, and pulled the key out….WAIT!!! the car is STILL ON!!!! what the hell is going on, so i stick the key back in, turn it off again, no change, the car is STILL ON. i put the car in 1st gear and ease out the clutch to stall the motor

all of the dash lights are illuminated as if i have the key in ON position, the start button is lit up, i turn my sector111 battery switch to off and finally the dash lights turn off, but as soon as i connect the battery again, the dash lights and everything turns on

but i'm glad as the vehicle is now in my garage

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
The first, and easiest thing you can do is disconnect the battery and leave it for a few minutes... this is just like rebooting your computer and seems to solve many similar problems....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first, and easiest thing you can do is disconnect the battery and leave it for a few minutes... this is just like rebooting your computer and seems to solve many similar problems....
thats the first thing i did, and it served useless

at this point, the battery IS disconnected or else the car will stay in "key on, engine off" position

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I had something almost the same happen, turned out the key fob was out of sync. Would not re sync either till I started it with my spare. After that I was able to sync again! Good luck! If that doesn't work ask SirLotus. He's the king on this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No luck with re-syncing, it's gonna to Dietsch Werks tomorrow for a diagnosis

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
HELP! I'm having the exact same problem. What did you finally do?

Yesterday my alarm will not turn off and car won't start, I've changed the battery in the key fob - that didn't help. Next, I had my girl friend bring the second key - that didn't work either. So I turned off the battery and left it over night. I'll be going to try to re-start the car this AM. I've read the old threads on alarm woes but the fixes are all for the old style Cobra alarm key fobs. Any one have an alarm tip for a 2009 S260?

BTW: I check my fuse #11 - there isn't one, one of the terminals is not even present.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Anyone solve this...wtf this happened to me just now. Alarm going crazy and completely unresponsive to FOB. Finally turned off on its own after 5 minutes or so. Still unresponsive to FOB so I cant even open the door.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rob @dietschwerks replaced a faulty alarm module and bypassed the immobilizer to fix my problem

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I fixed mine. Had a technician open the door for me. Then i bypassed the immobilizer using the PIN methid and haven't had a problem since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts