The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Car won't start! Any idea other than

948 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SirLotus 
#1 ·
battery?

Been gone for 2 weeks...was supposed to be shorter but...:mad:

Tried to jump start but car just won't start. New battery? Anything else.

Thanks

#3 ·
was the battery having issues before you went on the trip? or is this all of a sudden out of the blue?

#7 · (Edited)
Actually the stock battery which is 45AH should last longer if it was in good condition. Here is a chart I put together, other than OEM or equivalent and the Optima, I believe all will need a custom support of some kind. Remember, the higher the AH the longer it will last under a load. By the way you never answered how old it was? Great time to install a AGM battery which can't leak or emit gas into the trunk.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/alternative-battery-specifications-64071/

#9 ·
Yes, I have heard of them starting to diminish in performance at that age, mine needed replacing at 3 years, suddenly, completely dead. I personally needed a battery that would last the longest unattended, so I purchased an Optima Red Top. You will hear many strong opinions on this board regarding preferred battery, but really the first thing to ask yourself is "is my preference light weight or capacity" and take it from there.
Michael
Battery is 2 years old...2006 Elise I bought new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.