The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Wet or dry? And, are they made to fit the Fed car?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know yet about the quality, dry or wet. They claim to be 20 lbs lighter, and a little bit wider, with the rear about 10mm longer above the taillights. Very clean idea IMO.

Fed cars... ugly marker lights?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Fed cars... ugly marker lights?
No, the non-fed S2's have slightly different clam designs, including attachment points and fitment. The last CF S2 clam I saw imported from Japan needed some pretty serious modding to fit.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
No, the non-fed S2's have slightly different clam designs, including attachment points and fitment. The last CF S2 clam I saw imported from Japan needed some pretty serious modding to fit.
Are you sure the clam wasn't from China? I am assuming this was Cade's rear clam. That was made by Seibon, really crap quality and really bad fitment. The only CF clams from Japan in the country are Benetec to my knowledge and those go on like a glove.

And I don't believe there are any differences between the clam mounting of the 111r and the Fed cars. The problem with the Seibon clam was the fact that they molded it off a S2 111S which has a different trunk from the 111r. And also they did a really bad job even duplicating that hens the front clam hitting the windscreen.

Neil

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Are you sure the clam wasn't from China? I am assuming this was Cade's rear clam. That was made by Seibon, really crap quality and really bad fitment. The only CF clams from Japan in the country are Benetec to my knowledge and those go on like a glove.
Gotcha. But aren't the Benetec clams made specially to fit the Fed S2?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Gotcha. But aren't the Benetec clams made specially to fit the Fed S2?
I my knowledge they were molded after whatever car they had in Japan (111R).

Also, I am pretty sure the BSK clams are going to be wet laid... they don't F#ck around in Japan with this stuff. But who knows.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
u think they will release doors, side skirts and a roof? kinna ugly if the only thing carbon was the front and rear clam and the rest was PAINTED, unless your planning on painting over $18K worth of dry vacuum carbon fiber LOL

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I could be mistaken, but thems look like Exige clams to me.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Good call, definitely has the hood scoop.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I could be mistaken, but thems look like Exige clams to me.

Yep - that is an Exige front and rear clam - note the absence of the openings in the rear, the opening for the mohawk scoop in the center rear and the lack of seam and diffuser on the front.

·
Registered
571 Posts
So is this 15 and 30 lbs lighter than the exige clam? Does that even bring it down to Elise clam weight?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

And I don't believe there are any differences between the clam mounting of the 111r and the Fed cars. The problem with the Seibon clam was the fact that they molded it off a S2 111S which has a different trunk from the 111r. And also they did a really bad job even duplicating that hens the front clam hitting the windscreen.

Neil
Yup. Took a lot of work to make my clam fit up right. I am happy with where it's at now, but buyer beware. Cheap carbon fiber is probably cheap for a reason.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts