The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I just bought a wing off Flebay for my Exige. Same shape as stock, cost $779 or some such. Got it yesterday, and I don't know a lot about carbon parts but it sure does look nice, but it feels kind of heavy, I guess I'll see how much the stock wing weighs.

Anyone have one of these yet? I'll post pics tonight?

This is the one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Exige-Exige-S-05-08-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Spoiler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ020QQitemZ300202670719QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I seriously doubt, for the price, that it's the highest quality most amazing piece of carbon part every created by man or animal, but it does look nice.

·
Registered
943 Posts
...I just bought a wing off Flebay for my Exige. Same shape as stock, cost $779 or some such. Got it yesterday, and I don't know a lot about carbon parts but it sure does look nice, but it feels kind of heavy, I guess I'll see how much the stock wing weighs.

This is the one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Exige-Exige-S-05-08-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Spoiler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ020QQitemZ300202670719QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I seriously doubt, for the price, that it's the highest quality most amazing piece of carbon part every created by man or animal, but it does look nice.
Ohhhh. Let us know and take pics. I was thinking of picking up one of those as well.

Matt

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..yeah the reason I bought it is because I've been wanting to get the Sector 111 carbon front splitter, but I am anal, and couldn't stand having that flat black wing and a carbon front splitter. The weave doesn't match at all, but still they are at least both carbon. ;-D

Now..if I can just find some cheap carbon side scoops...hehe.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
..yeah the reason I bought it is because I've been wanting to get the Sector 111 carbon front splitter, but I am anal, and couldn't stand having that flat black wing and a carbon front splitter. The weave doesn't match at all, but still they are at least both carbon. ;-D

Now..if I can just find some cheap carbon side scoops...hehe.
The same company that sells that wing sells side scoops.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I was looking into this as well...please post several pictures.

Does it come with the holes drilled in the bottom for mounting to the rear decklid?

Upclose photos would be helpful.

Any interest in selling me your stock black wing and black side scoops? PM me.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Any interest in selling me your stock splitter?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock splitter is cracked from pulling to close to a curb...goshdarnit.

I don't think it's a socker wrapped..but we'll see soon enough. Yes there are holes for mounting with bolts even ;-D I'll take a crapload of pics tonight and upload them.

I'm guessing the area where the wing mounts to the "struts" would be an area of interest in terms of visually seeing the quality of the product...?

And as far as selling my stocker...let me get this one on first and see how it goes. :-D

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

This is the one

it looks like wet layed Carbon Fiber, tho it might be lighter than stock, there are other CF process' out there that could make that particular part much lighter and stronger, but going to cost a bit more than double of what you paid for your spoiler

can you weigh the stock and your CF spoiler if possible

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok here are the pics....let me know if there are anymore you'd like to see. Wet laid, yes that makes sense.........

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks good, although the CF weave pattern on those items are different

any luck on the weight savings between OEM and CF spoilers?

TIA
totally....I think the items are far enough appart that it'll be hard to notice if anyone even cares ;-D The bird crap on my stock rear wing makes it's finish different from my front cracked splitter right now so I'm used to it, hahaah.

I still have the stocker on right now, weekend project. I'll try to weigh them then, any suggestions other than the "I'll stand on the scale, then you hand me each item friend!"method?

again I just got the wing so that I would be able to get that splitter in carbon...if it's lighter great.....if not no big deal. It should hold bird **** just as well. HA!!!!!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
totally....I think the items are far enough appart that it'll be hard to notice if anyone even cares ;-D The bird crap on my stock rear wing makes it's finish different from my front cracked splitter right now so I'm used to it, hahaah.

I still have the stocker on right now, weekend project. I'll try to weigh them then, any suggestions other than the "I'll stand on the scale, then you hand me each item friend!"method?

again I just got the wing so that I would be able to get that splitter in carbon...if it's lighter great.....if not no big deal. It should hold bird **** just as well. HA!!!!!
minor home remedy, i used to use one of those tackle box scales with the hook on the bottom of it to weigh small car parts that can be hung from it

maybe the "friend handing the item while on a scale" will work too

·
Registered
601 Posts
Looks good.

Are the struts connected to the wing with glue? Curious how durable and solid it looks for taking bumps without cracking at those connection points.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
the weave in the S111 splitter looks weird. I never seen a CF piece with that weave before. wing looks nice. Do the endplates come off? (if you want to replace with a different shape)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts