The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Sheesh great idea. But i just took mine off today. The stock are very thin fiberglass and weigh nothing.

$500 shipped is a little too much for these small simple pieces.

I'll pay $300 right now:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sheesh great idea. But i just took mine off today. The stock are very thin fiberglass and weigh nothing.

$500 shipped is a little too much for these small simple pieces.

I'll pay $300 right now:)
LOL. That's well below our cost. Sorry, no can do.

You're right, the stock don't weigh much, and these are half that. These are mostly cosmetic, though.

Cade

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it looks like I'll be getting my front access panels off to create molds immediately following the next LCS event, and then I'd guess about 3 weeks and then another week for us to get marketing info on the site. Add another 2 weeks for the delays that often get thrown in there, and I think 1.5 months is probably about right.

Price is probably going to be the same.

We haven't looked into a grille conversion yet, but it does seem there would be some interest in it. I'll see what our CF guy has to say.

Cade

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, these are wet layup, as we didn't see the structural need for dry carbon here. Especially as they only weigh 0.7 lbs each side.

Cade

·
Registered
828 Posts
me too.

"Each panel is made from dry, prepreg carbon fiber and weighs only .7 lbs"

LOL you guys are too funny over there! I don't want em but I was like damn, these guys (sector111) are finally doing it right. Guess not.

Brent we gotta meet, Neil tells me you are extremely detailed and are building one tough Elise.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I like these.

Can you post another picture of Shinoo's car that shows the entire car to get a better idea of what they will look like.

I get the idea on how they look close up.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll get that fixed tomorrow. I think our new marketing guy doesn't realize. Sorry bout that.

Cade

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He realizes the difference between dry and wet carbon, it turns out he was given bad info about what it actually was. Anyways, we've got the right info up now.

If anyone is curious, these actually weigh the same as the Benetec version we used to sell that was dry pre-preg carbon. Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense to add the cost and complexity for a part just for the sake of a dry carbon version.

Cade

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I gotta eat some crow now... turns out it is indeed pre-preg carbon, but it is not autoclaved. :eek:

Cade

1 - 17 of 17 Posts