The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of extras, never used. It weighs 1 ounce. On the Elise it mounts with the single existing screw on the side of the shifter console. It will hold a coffee travel cup or a 20 ounce sport bottle perfectly. A 12 ounce can or bottle will fit, but may rattle a little.

Empty, it fits comfortably under a passenger's left knee. Holding a drink, a passenger might need to squeeze over a little.

$65 shipped in US. Send me a PM if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hunted in bike shops for literally 2 years to find a suitable CF holder for my Elise. It had to:

A) Be made of carbon fiber

B) Have flat mounting tabs so it could stick with 3M Dual Lock tape (think Velcro on steroids) and be removable. I didn't want to drill any holes. I later figured that the flat tab has enough surface area that it will mount securely with the existing single screw, provided there is some foam or rubber to provide friction in between the tab and the console.

C) be very short so it wouldn't interfere with a passenger's knee

Most conventional bottle holders (top) fail all three points.

Most CF bottle holders (right) have convex mounting tabs because the mounting screws fit into the concavity -- sort of countersinking. These won't attach with Dual Lock and will flop around if mounted with the single existing screw on the Elise's shifter console. They will work fine if you are willing to drill holes in your console, but I didn't want to do that to my new CF interior.

For a couple of years I used a cheesy holder from a kiddie-bike (left). It was the only holder that had flat mounting tabs so that I could stick Dual-Lock on it. It worked fine, but it is ugly and weighs a whopping 3 ounces or so.

I finally came across a CF holder with flat tabs (bottom). With some foam pad to provide friction, it mounts with 1 screw and doesn't flop around under normal driving. I am selling the 1 extra of this type that I don't need.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts