The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
CF hardtop... Great for trackdays

I recently bought what looks like the same product from:
Lotus Elise Lightweight Carbon Fiber Hardtop

It's a beautiful top, fits a helmet really well for track days but it's quite thin so no acoustic benefits and leaves a big gap by the window so not so good for rain either.

Installation is a little tricky, you have to drill the inside center of the front soft top arch brackets (super easy with a dremel). This doesn't affect the softtop and it's not really visible so no problem there.

The back part is a little trickier, you have to cut two holes in the rear arch cover, remove two bolts and replace them. I couldn't get the arch cover off (weird pressure fit plastic screws that just kept turning without coming out) so I eyeballed it and used a dremmel with drill bit to find the right spot. It worked great hit the area with the bolt easily and saved myself form a painful removal process.

My car is in storage for the winter or I would take some pics of the setup. Here is the outside look:

·
Registered
713 Posts
I bought one of the first ones. It has maybe 3/4" gap when the window is closed. Rain doesn't come in but if you want to leave it somewhere securely, it is easily lifted off the car. 2 aluminum tabs go into the bow holes in the windshield frame and there are a couple thumb nuts that go into bolt holes that have 10mm bolts in them from the factory. If you have a boe clam hinge or radium clam kit, you already have made the holes in the rear upper trim piece.

Installation was very easy in my opinion. Getting it on or off is definately less than 5 minutes and the top weighs 5 pounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts