The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to make carbon fiber inter-cooler tubes. is it a benefit to make them larger in diameter??

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am betting no.

Small tubes = High velocity and great throttle response.
Really small tubes = Really high velocity, amazing throttle response, but limited top end do to lack of volume.
Big tubes = low velocity and sluggish throttle response. but on the second cam things start to get fun:)
Really big tubes = no velocity, "Turbo Lag" like delayed throttle response. At high RPM's, still not enough velocity, even with the supercharger pumping.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Great finally someone is making this. :bow:

Please make them in 6K or 12K 2x2 twill glossy, seamless tube. like the picture.

I have so much trouble to force the factory to make them, as they are asking for min. 200 meter :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
HK, that has to be the most high tech 1940's era engine I have seen!

Any more info on this?

Now back to your regularity scheduled thread.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Beautiful CF work, but I have two questions:

What would be the weight differential between the CF tubes verses the RLS tubes?

How would you safe guard against CF tubes cracking from over tightened hose clamps?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful CF work, but I have two questions:

What would be the weight differential between the CF tubes verses the RLS tubes?

How would you safe guard against CF tubes cracking from over tightened hose clamps?
they would probably be close in weight. it would be more aesthetic. as for clamping i would make them thicker at mounting area

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Can you get them smooth enough inside? Seems like there would be a lot of turbulance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts