The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRP has some new pieces for the 400's interior and received them today and got most of them installed. Quality is great and nice buying parts that don't have the big exotic tax that I pay for carbon fiber parts for my huracan. Thanks Greg for the great service as usual!

Also have this but no idea how to take off stock piece? Do we have a diy on that?

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
What is the last pic of the two parts even of? I don't see anything shaped like those on my Evora.
Mirror switch plates in each of the doors. I have no idea how those come out though, I just have an S1 Evora.

I really do like how the wheel trim looks. All this looks great in a 400. I’m not sure the new CF bits would fit the look of the interior of the S1s. But I really like that wheel on yours!

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/products/grp-carbon-fiber-window-switch-trims-for-evora-400-410-430

·
Illegal Alien
5,005 Posts

·
Happy To Be Here
856 Posts
Those switch plates are 400 items
Yup, I know. That’s why I said I don’t know how to take them out. Heck, I believe the S1 Evora doesn’t even have a switch plate made from plastic or aluminum. I think the switches are just stuck into a leather panel.

Just took a look at Greg’s list of parts that are for the interior on a 400 and there are quite a few parts now. For under $1,000, you can really transform the look of the interior. Like I said, I think the carbon looks great on the interior of the 400, but I kind of like the aluminum trim on the S1 cars. If I had a 400, I’d do exactly the same thing the OP did. Looks great!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Redsled, can you verify that the CF trim panel for the HVAC controls REPLACES the OEM trim panel, vs sticking on top?
It just sticks on top, I don't mind, makes for a much easier install.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It adds heaviness?
Yea I do find it funny when I mod a car with a carbon fiber part that goes over stock piece :). I really don't care about weight savings and do it because I like the look and instead of weight savings I just throw a blower on my cars. Since the 400 came with that I did Larini exhaust and decat , which saved real weight. More saving with cold air intake also did Komo-Tec 435 tune so I think i made up for the few ounces I added. Oh yea, also carbon fiber rear hatch and access panel. But the big one is me, in the last 7 months I went from 250 to 173. The radio bezel did replace stock piece and so wont the window switch panel, which I still haven't figured out how to remove. From what I have found you just pry it off but having no luck

Reactions: DBG

·
Happy To Be Here
856 Posts
Now I’m curious. Does the steering wheel cover adhere to the aluminum/plastic cover or did you have to remove the airbag cover to get the stock part off and replace it with the carbon fiber version?

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
Yea I do find it funny when I mod a car with a carbon fiber part that goes over stock piece :)
I was just punning and I do like the look but it's a bit of a contradiction to add overlays on a car that is purportedly grounded in weight reduction. For me, this revelation is a bit of a disincentive.....based on Lotus' "ethos" . It's kept me from ordering scoops and the like. For ethical reasons. :D

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also got window switch plates on. Found out door pull needs to come off and found a good thread here on how to do that. Here is a couple pictures. In the picture I noticed a slight scratch on switch so have already fixed that with a black marker

Attachments

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
I know where you bought your socks!

Got me interested in the IT bezel and the wheel cover though. I can't buy overlays on principle, and that's despite how few principles I have.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since bezel, wheel cover and switch plates do replace stock parts I would say I still have an overall loss. But I really like the look of carbon fiber parts so that is only goal for me

·
Illegal Alien
5,005 Posts
Since bezel, wheel cover and switch plates do replace stock parts I would say I still have an overall loss. But I really like the look of carbon fiber parts so that is only goal for me
Did you get weight of the parts on and off?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you get weight of the parts on and off?
No, I could have as I have a good scale but my wife already thinks I'm nuts since I weigh all my food, if she sees me weighing car parts she will really wonder about me

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also bought some of Greg's CF goodies for my 2018 400.

1) Do you have a link for door pull removal to help install the switch plates?
2) Any instructions on the steering wheel and air bag removal to help install CF steering wheel cover?
3) Did you use double sided tape for the door handle insert trims.
4) What is easiest way to remove and install stereo surround?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
For door pulls used this thread,
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/evora-400-door-panel-removal-468408/

For the steering wheel I used info found in this thread, couple notes, our wheels are not held on by big center bolt, it's the 6 screws that you need to remove to take wheel off. Also you don't need to remove cruise control switches. I then used some new double sided tape to hold it on
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f417/diy-steering-wheel-upgrade-254217/

Door pull I just cut up some double sided tape. GRP also has new parts including a trim piece that replaces the outer piece of door pull. I just ordered that and if you are thinking to get I would wait and do both together.

For radio bezel just start pulling at the bottom and work your way around to remove it.

Here are a couple other parts I just ordered. All 3 of these new parts replace stock pieces. I will weight each, but figure it's good for eating an extra donut

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/evora-carbon-fiber-parts/products/grp-carbon-fiber-dash-switch-covers-for-evora-400

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/evora-carbon-fiber-parts/products/grp-carbon-fiber-door-sill-trim-covers-for-evora-400

1 - 20 of 24 Posts