The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have spent a fortune on CF parts for my car. Saw this process on a TV show a couple of months ago in Europe and wondered if anyone in the US was doing this. Now I know. I've gotta admit, it looks awfully good. Would only consider this for interior parts. Nicely done.

Noted the aeroquip braided hoses on your engine, what are each of them for?
Hey sorry for the late response, didn't get an alert. The next phase of the project is to do a few of the outside parts with the hydrographics too, the side vents, rear lid vents and front hood vents (along with some mesh). There is really little to no weight or strength advantages using CF on those parts in my opinion, and its so much cheaper than carbon fiber if you find the right shop to do it.

For the engine compartment I just replaced the stock rubber hoses with the braided just to dress it up a little. Easy to do with the right size hoses and clamps. If I remember correctly they're all stock vacuum hoses for different functions, definitely don't need to be braided, just liked how it looks.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.