The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Carbon Fiber Lotus Elise Front Clam, Access Panels, Louvres, and Splitter for sale. It has the headlight sockets for 2005-2006. This clam is used, and won't fit on without some work. The radiator spine area goes in too deep, so there's some work to be done in that area. I believe this was made for the S2 and not the R(Federal). (Seller did not disclose this information or he didn't know?) There's some wear and also one of the louvres has a bent tip.

Also, the louvres, and access panels won't fit the regular clam, so don't ask about splitting. =)

$1000 obo. Pick up only. Item is currently located in San Jose/NorCal.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,292 Posts
I have been looking for some carbon fiber vents. Would those fit a standard 05 clam do you think? Do you know the name of the vendor that sold/made this? I had seen them in the past but recent searches have yielded no hits.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll take it

·
Registered
305 Posts
That Clam is for a Rover powered S2. Just be aware of that woetra. I have never seen a Rover front clam used on a Toyota S2...

·
Registered
294 Posts
That Clam is for a Rover powered S2. Just be aware of that woetra. I have never seen a Rover front clam used on a Toyota S2...
+1 to that. The height / shape of the access panels was raised on the Toyota Elises to accommodate the brake servo introduced on the Toyota cars.

Rover S2 clam can be modified to fit a Toyota S2 Elise but will require the differently shaped access panels as well as mods to the centre spine access panel fixing locations and changing to Toyota S2 louvre panels.

Best market for this would be in the UK or Asia / Japan where there are lots of Rover S2 cars and at the asking price looks attractive- dependent on the weight of it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it's made by Seibon.

Also, I guess if you can arrange shipping, then I'd be willing to ship it. Not sure how I would go about shipping this thing or how much it would cost or anything.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump. If you can set up a u-ship or something, I'd be willing to ship it as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts