• YES

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.1%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Please screen for car fiber at lightweight.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i can't run screens on the side vents due to excessive air requirements in my engine bay. No, i do not make this stuff up. There are just to many heat exchangers, and heat generators in there, and the screens will impede airflow. This could take me to a very bad place, calorically speaking.

Man, up until yesterday i absolutely hated carbon fiber. But then I saw that gas cap/ring, and the earth moved....now i'm ruined for life - that stuff ain't cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I love slave labor! j/k :) Congrats on the sponsorship - I'll still be interested in the lit up plexiglass encased in CF project mentioned about a year ago.

--J

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love slave labor! j/k :) Congrats on the sponsorship - I'll still be interested in the lit up plexiglass encased in CF project mentioned about a year ago.

--J
I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT JUST YESTERDAY. SEND ME A PIECE SO I CAN TRY IT, ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD MACHINE A PIECE OF PLEXIGLASS THE SHAPE OF THE TRAILING EDGE OF THE LATE MODEL REAR SPOILER SO I CAN PUT THIS LED STRIP IN.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT JUST YESTERDAY. SEND ME A PIECE SO I CAN TRY IT, ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD MACHINE A PIECE OF PLEXIGLASS THE SHAPE OF THE TRAILING EDGE OF THE LATE MODEL REAR SPOILER SO I CAN PUT THIS LED STRIP IN.
That has to be doable. I think it would be pretty straight forward to take some LEDs mounted in the spoiler aiming them down into a piece of plexi with some etching in it to show the light.

Crosshatching might be a good way to do it.

I'll get you a couple pieces of plexiglass here very soon. 2 projects I need to finish up first.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts