The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

item number

too$$ for me. I wanted to barrage him with questions...but not a serious buyer.

Good to see some pics - looks well made.

I wonder if the weight is ~ 10 lbs like Red Fox or?

·
Registered
495 Posts
It is the same like mine. Mine was with no clear coat, as I wanted to paint it in the cars colour. I paid more and I paid the original leather in Magnolia to be made the same as my car, as mine was originally ordered from factory with leather roof as the only one ever, according to Andy Graham.
Mine costed me 1580 gbp. It is super nice made and in an autoclave by a professional. Originally sold by PNM in the UK a few years ago. Never made before or after.
They are only made in I believe 5 examples. So grab it now or loose the chance.
Weigt is 4,068 Kg. Saves 3,577 Kg.

Cheers,
Redfox.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Carbon roof is 8,968 Ib.
It is shaped exactly like the original glasfiber/nomex/kevlar: curved, thickness, details etc. There is no problem with closing, rubber pieces that have to be redone etc. It insulates and have invisible nuts built in as per original. I have had another carbon roof, that had the exact shape as the glass top, but that was totally different made and weighed more.
I have no aspiration for a glass roof, as to me at least, the sun baking down on me in the Summer, is a distraction from driving fast on narrow backroads, which is my preferred "territory".
The other carbon roof I had was an exact copy of the glass roof, with it's hinges, mountings etc.
It all depends what you want.
If I didn't have one already, I would have bought this one mentioned in the top post in a split second.
Cheers,
Redfox.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I gotta keep reminding myself you guys use commas as decimal separators instead of periods...

Reactions: redfox and Erik L

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I didn't notice either. lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well guys, there are still some Esprit people around, who are willing to do a little oem+ with their Esprit, and not letting them become a garage queen.
Anyway, nice roof, can recommend it.
And light.
Very light.

Redfox

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check this old add out on LEW

500 pounds for a 3 kg CF roof.

I wonder if we could track the guy down and if he still has the mold maybe he would make a few up for near that price?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I reached out to one of the guys who runs LEW and asked if they knew how to get in touch with the OP.

They said that others had talked to him before, and he needs a minimum order of 100 to make it worth his while....clearly the market is not that size.:)

Back to plan B. I am going to make a thin plastic top to temp install for track days. Will not be pretty!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts