The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Those are cool looking, too bad theyr'e exactly the same shape as the stock ones. Are they clearcoated? Looks like it...Do they come with the grills in them? Tell me they're not just covers for the stock scoops...
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
skottoman said:
Those are cool looking, too bad theyr'e exactly the same shape as the stock ones. Are they clearcoated? Looks like it...Do they come with the grills in them? Tell me they're not just covers for the stock scoops...
Cheers,
Skottoman
yes they are clearcoated and are replacements for the stock scoop. The grills are not included so the stock grill would need to be used.

these can be used as direct replacements for the stock ones or they can be used as a cover since they are slightly larger than the stock ones.

i'll update more when i can

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MyElise said:
Very nice. Do you have any pics of the mounting setup?
are you talking about the parts needed to install besides the 3 screws?

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MyElise said:
i just finished up some work on my side scoop install by taking the stock grill off the stock scoop and putting it on my carbon fiber one. and wouldn't you know it, i left my camera at work. i was going to take pictures during the process but i guess i'll have to do it when i do the passenger side.

the pictures i've posted is an alternative to taking the stock grill off and putting it on the new carbon fiber one. all i did there was take the stock screw off, reuse all the parts and just put the carbon fiber one as a cover and took some pictures.

hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to post pics of what it'll look like with the stock grill.

i've also changed out the nut that is used and will be providing that as an alternative. (i'm calling it the nut because i have no idea what the crap it is)
but pictures speak louder than words so i'll get those up tomorrow.

·
Registered
943 Posts
How difficult is it to transfer the screens?

Matt

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would think it would be pretty difficult as the current screens are 'glued' in there with some nasty looking black stuff. Perhaps Bluejae can enlighten us as to how to do it. Pix? :D
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
skottoman said:
I would think it would be pretty difficult as the current screens are 'glued' in there with some nasty looking black stuff. Perhaps Bluejae can enlighten us as to how to do it. Pix? :D
Cheers,
Skottoman
i'm on it tonight for sure with pictures... it's so freakin hot in TX right now though...

to take the grill off i just used a utility knife and worked on it and i was able to separate it from the scoop. there was of course some excess on the grill which i just picked off with my fingers and the knife. after i was through, not a single bit of glue was left on the grill.

i test fitted the grill on the carbon fiber scoop and it was perfect. i then used some black silicon glue and applied a layer on the scoop in the same spots it was on the stock scoop. then i carefully placed the grill on there and then applied another layer on top and smoothed it out with a thick piece of paper

i let it dry over night and it looks great. and i'll have pictures to prove it up tonight without a doubt.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
these are pictures of the stock scoop with the grill still on it and the parts that are on the other side of the scoop.

just showing some pictures of the glue that hold the stock one on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
few pics of the alternate "washer" i'll be providing with the scoops for the install. i call it the washer because... well i don't know what the stock ones were called

Attachments

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Curious why it looks like chopper-gun fiberglass on the back side if it's totally a carbon fiber weave buildup.

xtn

1 - 20 of 46 Posts