The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone worked with carbon fibre to create body panels? How's it done. Simple? Tough? Any tips and family kept secrets to share? Just thought it might be fun to use the material.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
transio said:
I'm currently designing a sports car and came across similar questions regarding working with aluminum and carbon fiber.... in the end, I decided on fiberglass and steel... because they're easy to work with, strong, and light enough (when designed properly).

I've decided that if I ever use "exotic" materials in building a car, it will be once my company is well established and I can afford some R&D to work with TRULY groundbreaking materials.
Hey Transio, What company do you have. Gotta website? If Fiber glass is what you prefer. Do you have any more info to give. Like how do you use it??? I have never done any body work but have always been interested in changing the looks my cars. Nothing wild though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. That was very informative. I've always had a desire to make my own car body parts, and thought it'd be a great hobby. Just didn't know where to start. Thanks again a bunch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.