The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
@fzust My reading of the ad for these is that the only claim is smoother quick shifting, not that they are intended to beef up internal strength. It seems the two would go in concert well since I have driven multiple Lotus with balky shifting and heard of many, many more.
From the first post:

"They are also expected to last longer than stock. Remember synchros are a consumable but these extend the intervals between services"

·
Vendor
3,163 Posts
From the first post:

"They are also expected to last longer than stock. Remember synchros are a consumable but these extend the intervals between services"
I certainly hope this is true. Experiences in the real world with other makes are varied.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I certainly hope this is true. Experiences in the real world with other makes are varied.
Fred, you have a right to your opinion but I would simply ask you not to flame us. Please be cool or just stay off this thread.

My experience (since 2004) with these cars is that the synchros do go first on most cars with modest power increases or stock. No doubt that high power cars are shredding gears. Most people have cars with less than 255hp so synchro wear is primary. Most trans rebuilds that we have done, did not require gear replacement.

The Honda community has been running synchros of this type with great success. Honda has them as OE fitment. In fact, that is what led Synchrotech to develop these further. We have their latest materials and construction. [email protected] was quite impressed. He has been building gearboxes for a few decades and ours for ~10yrs+. Synchrotech has an excellent reputation and their knowledge is also based on decades of experience. That's enough for me.

I agree more testing would be ideal. The fundamentals are good enough to make us move forward. We'll keep testing and accumulating more miles - along with others who feel the same way as I.

·
Vendor
3,163 Posts
We have not tried them out in their gearsets. [email protected] has been calling our supplier to get a set - I've offered them to him.HERE and will begin shipping this Monday.
Shinoo, thanks for deleting my post. If you don't want me to post like that, then don't say things about me you don't have first-hand knowledge of and then use them imply my endorsement(See above). As I said in my deleted post, I think these are band-aiding the wrong wound, however, I will test them. I'll keep an eye out for that test set.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Shinoo, thanks for deleting my post. If you don't want me to post like that, then don't say things about me you don't have first-hand knowledge of and then use them imply my endorsement(See above). As I said in my deleted post, I think these are band-aiding the wrong wound, however, I will test them. I'll keep an eye out for that test set.
Let me see if I can figure out how to edit your post to remove the false statements.

I did not mean to imply your endorsement. Sorry if you felt that but that was not my intention. You did call Synchrotech multiple times and that is a fact. I interpreted that as interest and called and emailed you to discuss testing out a set.

My suppliers and I have enough experience to feel the product is ready for the majority of my clients. Lotus owners running 190-275hp with normal size tires - up to 245 slicks and should have great results. Synchros are a wear item designed to be consumed before gears. Ours are proven to last longer in similar applications (Honda) - dare I say Honda is more severe? :evil:

·
Registered
979 Posts
why delete his statement altogether rather than addressing the elements that you say are false? granted I have no idea what you deleted since it's gone, but that seems like an abuse of power, tbh

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
why delete his statement altogether rather than addressing the elements that you say are false? granted I have no idea what you deleted since it's gone, but that seems like an abuse of power, tbh
Sorry, I'm not that adept at editing on this forum. I figured it out and Fred's post is back with incorrect statements removed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys!
I already have these synchros bought from Shinoo. The next question is: would these work with the KAAZ Close Ratio gear set? if I remember correctly, the KAAZ set requires the early style synchros for 3rd & 4th gears so these would not work. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance,

-Patrik

21 - 28 of 28 Posts