The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased an Elise with carbon fiber motorsport seats and I am wondering what is their market value. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
I don’t know the value but are these seats wider on the bottom than stock Elise seats?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
ok, ok @paul position you've talked me into it, i'll trade you my '06 leather Probax Exige seats + some cash for these seats out of your newly acquired Elise... since it seems like you may be interested in selling them =D

·
515 Posts
Beautiful seats but Wow $5000 each......

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
This particular seat isn't available for order. They will tell you that it is, but then the dealer will come back and say that the Lotus Custom Trim Shop isn't taking orders.

But the seat itself is just the V6 Exige carbon seat, which is £1848.80 each ($2,250 usd), so to order something Lotus has in stock that's the same thing with a different logo you're looking at $4500 + shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Visual echos, can you confirm these are the same seat bottom width as stock seats or are they wider?

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Visual echos, can you confirm these are the same seat bottom width as stock seats or are they wider?
Sorry bro, I just saw this.

I don't have my original seats, so I can't confirm anything other than they are a lot lighter, and uncomfortable as hell when they are new (hard as a damn rock). The back is different as well, it's an evolved design. The bottom has much more padding as well, so you actually sit just a bit higher. Again, this is when new, not sure how comfortable or high you sit when you break them in.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Thanks for the insight. I just bought one of the last pair of Technocraft big bottom seats (they are no longer in business) and will have my local upholstery shop make them “ more comfortable”. Not sure what that means yet, it will be an adventure......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts