Reactions: Whoafiveoh

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
14,511 Posts
Asking as an opinion as I can’t picture some of these that well in my head. Do you think the center block looks a little silly on the second Reverie splitter? It looks like a tall square. That’s what my current had. Is there a benefit to that?
It's for number plate made in UK and it's for road cars. You don't see it on their track splitter which if I'm not mistaken is one of the few wind tunnel tested splitters on the market.

Reactions: Whoafiveoh

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Asking as an opinion as I can’t picture some of these that well in my head. Do you think the center block looks a little silly on the second Reverie splitter? It looks like a tall square. That’s what my current had. Is there a benefit to that?
That center block is for European license plates I believe. It does look silly in my opinion. That was one of the first things I got rid of. I’ve had both splitters that you posted. Currently I’m running the APR option and so far that’s my favorite.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just installed the APR splitter yesterday. The fitment was very good- took 5 minutes. The dimensions are very similar to stock, so there probably isn’t any performance gain.
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Hood

Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Grille

·
Registered
270 Posts
BTW- your Krypton Exige spent a couple years in the same small town as mine. What are the odds?
Drive the heck out of it! I’ve got 32k+ miles on mine and don’t regret a single stone chip.

·
Administrator
14,511 Posts
APR products are a nice option. We've been selling and installing them for years. Give us a call with any questions.

We also offer a good alternative to the OE - but without the license plate block. See here: Exige OE Spoiler

On your site you show Exige splitters out of stock FYI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What are you planning to do with your original front splitter? I was driving on a 2-lane country road in Texas last week and hit a couple of possums (who were in the middle of feasting off of some other roadkill when I nailed them) doing about 85mph. I am now in need of a replacement splitter
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille

·
Administrator
14,511 Posts
What are you planning to do with your original front splitter? I was driving on a 2-lane country road in Texas last week and hit a couple of possums (who were in the middle of feasting off of some other roadkill when I nailed them) doing about 85mph. I am now in need of a replacement splitter
View attachment 1328904 View attachment 1328904
Looks like you should check out GRP and Inokinetic today and see if they have splitter on their Black Friday Sales

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I’ve gone from stock, to the APR “stock” splitter, to the Reverie “race spoiler”. With plenty of track time on all 3, I can confirm that the APR splitter performs similar to stock (no difference I could detect), while the Reverie race spoiler adds significant front end downforce. With the Reverie spoiler I was able to incrementally increase my front end roll stiffness (and increase rear end grip) without inducing understeer. It’s the priciest option, but IMHO worth it if you’re a track junkie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like you should check out GRP and Inokinetic today and see if they have splitter on their Black Friday Sales
Call me crazy but I do really like the lines on the OEM splitter, to include the license plate spot. I’d like to get the OEM one if I can find one for a reasonable price. Some guy on eBay is selling one that’s a little dinged up for $400 plus $120 shipping. But I’d like to find one cheaper since I’ve seen them go for a lot less right here on LT. Black Friday might be a good opportunity to snag a carbon fiber one though 🤔

Reactions: Catsailr27
1 - 19 of 19 Posts