The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Lotus Community,

I've been a long time Lotus fan and finally ready to purchase one. I came across a MY2011 Lotus Evora 2+2 VIN: SCCLMDTU1BHA10548 but designated as a lemon? I'm curious if CarFax would show some more details. Looks like cooling system? Anyone have experience with this or thoughts on this car since it appears to be fixed in 2014?

If any one with a CarFax account would help that would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long shot but, car originally purchased in Arcadia, CA grey on paprika, any info on the car would be appreciated. The information says recall on all three times cooling was addressed. Wondering if it truly was issue that needed fixing or labeled lemon due to multiple recalls?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
There were in fact 3 oil line recalls for 2011 Evora S models. All were listed under engine and engine cooling. The recalls were preventative to address possible oil line ruptures/failures that could cause a host of issues.

Recall Numbers:
-13V314
-12V477
-14V280

I do not know where it got the lemon designation. But if it was due to the recalls only, then I guess a bunch of us have lemons. ;) Recalls should not brand a car as a lemon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! Will have to get the CarFax before I move on it, waiting on seller to get back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts