The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a carfax "subscription", will you please run one on an Elise I am thinking of buying that's about 750 miles from my home... VIN # SCCPC11105HL33356

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
you would think that if you were willing to go to the effort of finding and possibly buying a car, especially a lotus, 750 miles from your home that you would have sprung for the $30something and ran it yourself -poke-

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i cant stand these posts.

I see them on my local car scene forum all the time. Mainly because those guys drive $10k cars or less.

Sad to see one finally posted here.

·
Registered
6,646 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. I didn't realize I was doing something so wrong. Especially after searching and seeing this post where someone kindly and freely offered carfax information... http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/carfax-71489/ . I sent this member a PM, and haven't heard back from him yet. No, I'm not too cheap to fork out $30 to run a carfax report. Again, I don't feel as though I'm doing wrong by asking such a question.

If the thread doesn't pertain to you, why even click on it? You're only going to stress yourself out.

Bgwilly31, I'm sorry you have such an elitist attitude in regards to your car over those who drive $10K cars. There are a few like you over on the Ducati boards. Fortunately, I haven't come across any similar attitudes here on Lotustalk. Overall, this community seems like a great group of car (regardless of price tag) guys/girls who are willing to share knowledge and help out other car guys/girls.

Some thoughts are simply better kept to yourself. How about we all just get along...

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
In Bgwilly31's defense, strictly speaking you are not supposed to "redistribute" CarFax Reports (from their website):

... and is intended for my personal use only. Commercial use, resale and redistribution of CARFAX Reports is strictly prohibited.
While most people don't think this is a big deal, I wonder how they'd feel if their business or job depended on selling a service, which people were misusing, materially affecting their own financial health/success.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Bgwilly31's defense, strictly speaking you are not supposed to "redistribute" CarFax Reports (from their website):

While most people don't think this is a big deal, I wonder how they'd feel if their business or job depended on selling a service, which people were misusing, materially affecting their own financial health/success.
You are absolutely correct. I didn't think of it along those lines, nor did I realize carfax's policy regarding this. Had I known, I would have never asked. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts