The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For no real reason at all I decided to research a little about Carnauba wax. So here is some info I found. I figure geeks like me would find it interesting. :)

Carnauba Wax Facts (From Zymol's website)
Carnauba Wax is the hardest natural wax known to man and is recognized by automakers and car owners as the finest auto finish wax. Carnauba Wax is recommended by major automakers worldwide to shine and protect new paint finishes. Over 70% of car waxers believe that Carnauba Wax gives the best results. Pure Carnauba wax is harder than concrete.

www.killerplants.com/plants-that-changed-history/20040302.asp

www.zymol.com/carnauba.htm

www.pvp.com.br/carnauba_wax.htm

www.multiceras.com/applications/carnauba.htm

www.poth-hille.co.uk/carnauba.html

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Just keep in mind that because of these properties, no wax can be made of 100% carnauba. It's also not carnauba that gives your paint the shine, because carnauba is brittle and yellow. Solvents, oils, and other materials help make the soft paste or liquid you use!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Yep, Griot's confirms this (please note that I am on a relentless quest to get my postings to 1000 and thus this is, my friends, yet another gratuitous post!) :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
mikester said:
Yep, Griot's confirms this (please note that I am on a relentless quest to get my postings to 1000 and thus this is, my friends, yet another gratuitous post!) :D
When you get to 1,000 do they deliver your Elise:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts