The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I hope everybody is doing well. Well, after a month off it looks like we have full dance card going into the fall. I want to get these dates publish ASAP so people can block off the dates. As you can see, we are trying to beat the heat during August and September. Please follow the link for each event and respond if you plan on attending. The earlier you can RSVP, the simpler it makes it for us to organize the events, so please, please, please try and reserve the dates now.

August 23 – Lake Norman Lunch on the Lake @ 1:30pm
We will be meeting for lunch (location TBD) at a Lake Norman establishment for a casual lunch followed by a country drive. Any of you that attended our March event know that there are some fun roads in the area. For those that are interested, we’ll also be attending the first annual Habitat for Humanity Charity Car show in Cornelius. The show runs 5:30 - 9:30 PM. Registration for the show is required – check the forum thread for more details.
August Carolina Car Clubs Event - Lunch on the lake

September 13 – Taco’s and Karts @ noon
Meet for Lunch in Winston-Salem off Highway 150 (near exit 100 off Highway 52) at El Paisano, which is a great Mexican restaurant. The owner has a yellow Elise and has offered to block off part of the parking lot and give us a group discount on lunch. From there we would caravan down I-40 to Greensboro to go to the indoor Go Kart track.
September Carolina Car Clubs Event - Taco's and Karts

October 18 – EuroFest @ 9:00
It's early yet, but I'd like to treat this event like we did The Gathering and get the planning underway now as I'd like a huge turnout for this one. It is at the BMW plant on 85 between Spartanburg and Greenville, SC. Let's all meet up and convoy in together. I'd like to get all the Lotus preregistered so we can get our own class created. I've already talked with Kevin (Charlotte Area Ferrari Enthusiasts) and they normally take cars down as well. We are going to try and have all the convoys meet off I85 outside Charlotte and go down together. We should be able to bring the highway to an absolute standstill on the convoy down . We will be trying to get to the event by 9 or 9:30, so it will mean an early start for everybody. There is also a possibility that we will be touring the new Lotus dealership in Greeneville.

Mark your calendars now!
October Carolina Car Club Event - EuroFest 2008

Well, that should keep us busy for a bit. I am very excited about all three events but EuroFest sounds like it will be a big one for us. We already have some ideas for November and December but, as always, are open to suggestions. What do you want to do and see? More shows? More driving events?

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Living only an hour away, I'll be at Eurofest. Registration sent in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts