The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure most people have this problem, but it seems like there must be some way to keep these things on the ground. The Sector 111 buttons stay down better than the stock plastic screws, but they still pop off at least once a day. Is there some thread locking solution that might aid in keeping these down that is not corrosive to either plastic or aluminum? Maybe some other options?

This was the only relevant search result I found: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/female-part-carpet-buttons-stripped-fat-friend-culpret-34127/

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
One carpet button reciever (female) was rotating and the button (male) couldn't be removed without extreme effort and a large blade screwdriver and a plier. :mad:

The rivet that fastens the button reciever on the floor was loose so the button receiver (female) would rotate when you try to remove the button.:huh:

I solved the proplem with 5 min epoxy around the pop-rivet. No problems after that!:D

I don't know if this is the same symptom you are experiencing.

--Hal

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Mine actually hold very well and I've never had any issues. You could put a dab of silicone rubber on them and then let them sit for a few hrs for it to cure. That should keep them on and also be easy to sheer and remove them when ever you want to.

·
Registered
275 Posts
let's get back to the poor guys carpet buttons :p

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
To the OP:

I've had or have (between Elise and Exige) five of these cars. In a couple the buttons were left stock, the others put in the Sector.

Never had any problem at all with any of the buttons coming loose on their own.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
All 4 or just one particular one?

·
Registered
7,240 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
You have a very strange mind rotfl, we need to hang out some time. I find normal people to be quite boring.

Sure thing... My GF hates my sense of humor, but then, that's why I find it funny. If she laughed, it wouldn't amuse me :p Does that make me sadistic?

Now THAT was FUNNY!!!rotflrotfl

Were you a stand-up comedian in a former life, Mike?

--Hal

Yeah, right before I was a professional body builder. Lean, trim, buff, and a good diet consisting of absolutely no Chinese food or other fatty foods.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To the OP:

I've had or have (between Elise and Exige) five of these cars. In a couple the buttons were left stock, the others put in the Sector.

Never had any problem at all with any of the buttons coming loose on their own.
I think they may have been slightly stripped by the previous owner. It's pretty difficult to get them to screw in at all. There was only one stock button when I got the car.

All 4 or just one particular one?
All four at times, but the worst offender is the left driver side footwell button.

@BRTHTAKR: I saw those in the previous thread, but I wasn't sure if they would ship US. Now I see that they will, might be worth it.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I would try (post #3) first.....then if that doesn't work, then try (post #15).

·
Registered
933 Posts
Solution!

Never had a problem with mine. Suppose you could drill a hole in the middle of each button, then screw it to the floor panel. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Mine only come out when someone gets in and steps on the buttons. No amount of coaching seems to fix the problem either. :wallbang:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts