The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these type of threads popping up for other areas, but no so much for Chicagoland.
When the driving season starts it would be great to have these considering we certainly have enough Starbucks around. :rolleyes:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I don't drink coffee, but I wouldn't let a little thing like that stop me from showing up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I say we do a cars and sausage - meet up at hot dougs on a saturday morning (Hot Doug's)... There's angled parking across the street. Cars and coffee sounds west coast. Cars and sausage? pure Chicago. :)

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Encased meat emporium...... rotfl

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I'd come down for something like that. There are hot-rod and muscle car nights in each town around here (Racine at the McDonalds on Wednesdays, Kenosha at the Wendy's on Thursdays, Gurnee at the McDonalds on Fridays, etc.) but it would be cool to have one for sports cars and exotics.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd be up for it!

·
Registered
441 Posts
What's the name of that Hotdog joint on Milw ave (near Harlem or Austin ?)that has 'scheduled' car nights on Sat every once in a while and impromtu gathers of all kinds of unique rides every weekend?

I'm in....when I'm in (around).

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Superdawg?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I say we do a cars and sausage - meet up at hot dougs on a saturday morning (Hot Doug's)... There's angled parking across the street. Cars and coffee sounds west coast. Cars and sausage? pure Chicago. :)
Ahhhh but do you know Abe Froeman? :p

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just looked at the menu for Hot Doug's and I want to go there Alot this would make a good lunch stop on a drive or we could just all meat there and have a couple of EMT's on hand for the eventual heart attacks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hot Doug's is a great spot. I try to get there about once a week. The biggest killer is the line - it can literally take over an hour to get in the door on a saturday afternoon. If we meet up there early Saturday, like opening time, I think we'd be okay. It was on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the travel channel the other night - I did not see it, but it is repeated Monday morning. I'll post some pics of my sausage later. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts