The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Took the Elise to the Nashville (Franklin) Cars & Coffee Saturday morning. First time since last Fall and before the Apocalypse. It was wonderful – over 400 cars and people of all ages, ethnicities, and genders enjoying them. No politics, no BLM banners, no Stars and Bars – just people enjoying cars and socializing. Gives me hope for us, after all. As Yukaka Katayama succinctly put it: “Love cars, Love people, Love life”.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saturday an informal British sports car cruise was organized. It was a major success with a large turnout. People were excited to get out on the road. There was very little socializing but the driving was top notch. We gathered in a parking lot on Sauvie Island near Portland and drove along the northern side of the Columbia to Astoria then south along the Oregon Coast. We were safe wearing masks and social distancing whilst not driving alone or with our partner. I drove my 2011 Elise SC. Below is a message I sent to our local Lotus Club forum.

"It was a great drive. Difficult if not possible to socialize but a great drive. Weather was pleasantly comfortable, roads drivable and the scenery uncompromising and varied. PNW is the best place on the planet to own a sports car. We do not appreciate enough our surreal landscape.

When I arrived the parking lot was pack full of classic British sports cars. Well represented with the various makes. And there were some other non British drivers. Believe there were three Elises’ and an Evora. Where were the Elan/ Europas? Would have loved to seen one. I followed various caravans. Started with a large group of TR’s. Would run ahead for some spirited driving then pause on the roadside to wait for another caravan. By Astoria the groups were well disbursed. I brought my lunch and ate in a Gearhart park overlooking the Pacific. Saw a group stop at McMenamins by Gearhart links. I have played golf there and Astoria. Fun 100 year old classic links style courses.

Seaside and Cannon Beach were parking lots. Soooo crowded. Traffic backed up solid from 26 to Seaside. Fortunately we were going the other direction. Hats off to our organizer. He must of foreseen the traffic issue. I would have recommended we go to Lincoln City then North to Astoria to avoid driving head on into the sun. Glad we didn’t . Got gas in Garibaldi. Cheap and no waiting. The kid attendant was mesmerized by my car and other vintage sports cars that had passed. Drove as far as Tillamook and returned to the City of Protests via twisty 6. Perfect Saturday complete."

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
I haven't been going to any of he C&C's in Franklin since Covid. I have seen the live videos and with maybe one out of 20 people wearing a mask and zero social distancing (in their videos) I have decided it isn't worth the risk.

Plus I don't have to listen to the guys who rev their straight piped 350z's all day long...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Our car club in Toronto is starting to gather again. I haven't gone yet but I am anxious to join the group again. The rule currently in our province is that up to 100 people can gather outside for group meetings. Masks are not required as long as social distancing is maintained.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts