The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cars and Coffee! Saturday May 9th!

Hey guys I had a guy come into the shop here on Saturday and told me about a new Cars and Coffee event that is starting this Saturday at Bondurant's Firebird location and thought it may be a neat event for the Lotus Crew to make an appearance!

It is this Saturday from 9-11 AM at Firebird address is 20000 S. Maricopa Road and enter through Gate 3

This should be a nice new event and there expecting a hundred or more cars, I say we show all these Ferrari and Lambo guys that we can hang as well!

They will also be raffling off a few prizes one of which is a hot lap with Bob Bondurant!!

Attached is there flyer! Hope to see a few of you guys there! I am going to bring out the Elise SC!:shift:

c&cback(2).jpg

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hmmm...

That's interesting. I'm entered in the SCCA Autocross on the west track at the same date and time. The event is in Gate 3 as well. If anyone is going to the Cars & Coffee, you'll see our cars parked on the right hand side after passing through the gate. May be other Lotus owners can stop by and cheer on their favorite Elise :rolleyes:

I'm might try to drop by the C&C, if I can. The May event is a special one-off auto-x event where we don't actually have any down time (we're either driving or working to course). So, we'll see.

p.s. Just as a side story.... I went to a Cars & Coffee for the first time (in another City -- not Phx/Chandler), I signed in and received a free door prize ticket. To my surprise, they picked my name and I supposedly won a $100 gift certificate for Motul products. That was really nice, I thanked the organizers, and received an envelop. We'll, when I got home, I opened up the envelop and found out the gift certificate had expired nine months ago!:mad: So, I thought I'd try their 1-800 number at the bottom and find out if it's still valid. Guess what, there's no answer after about 15 rings, and I get a generic 'please leave a message'. I leave a message. No response. So, I mail in the gift certificate to Motul asking them to call or email me, or send me my prize. That was about two months ago. No response. The whole event was free, and I had nothing to lose, but for my first C&C event, it kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well, I showed up first from the Lotus crowd... an awful nice gentleman named Greg with a WICKED 25th Anniversary Racing Green Esprit showed too. Only 2 Lotus at the whole event.

Not many exotics at all, really aside from the 2 Lotus' & 1 Ferrari (RifRaf). Mostly Vette's, Z's, Mustangs, a new Camaro, some classics, and a few Bimmers and Porsche's... I convinced a good friend of mine t show up on his MV Agusta Brutale 750 a little later.

When I pulled in, my car was surrounded with folks and questions... What is it, who makes Lotus, how fast is it, How much is it, what kind of engine, etc. Then Greg showed up and I just DROOLED all over his Esprit... BEAUTIFUL... When RifRaf showed up, it was half over already. I think he might've gotten stuck in traffic southbound on the 101. Aerial Atom III was there - Honda Powered and all....... Glad I got my Lotus! :D

The Buzzbomb was the second highlight of the whole deal, next to that Esprit IMHO... overall a very nifty event.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts