The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Are there enough folks out there near Alexandria for a little meetup? Buzz on Slaters Lane in north Old Town Alexandria has great coffee drinks, treats, and ample parking across the street for shiny cars. (there is a parking lot out back, but then no one would see the cars!)

Maybe sometime in the next few weeks?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you pick a place a little farther out west I would be in. Middleburg maybe?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
If you pick a place a little farther out west I would be in. Middleburg maybe?
I'd be in if it were a little north and east!:crazyeyes

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ok. There are at least 5 Elise and a stormtrooper Exige in Alex. Plus Don Pross's 84 Esprit.
Bob

·
Registered
186 Posts
Middleburg is a really nice drive from DC, as well as place to hang out for a few hours. I think I could even talk the old lady to go along for that one.

We stayed in a B&B there last year, and saw a bunch of old British cars heading there as we were leaving. I think it was early June. Does anyone know if that is a recurring event?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I heard Maryland is where all the fun is. I'd suggest setting something up there :)

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Middleburg is a really nice drive from DC, as well as place to hang out for a few hours. I think I could even talk the old lady to go along for that one.

We stayed in a B&B there last year, and saw a bunch of old British cars heading there as we were leaving. I think it was early June. Does anyone know if that is a recurring event?
If it was early June, it was likely a group caravaning either to or from The Original British Car Show that's held at Lilypons in MD each year. When the weather is good, draws several hundred Brit cars of all kinds. Lotus was the featured marque two or three years ago. It's on 6/7 this year.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My wife would go for sure if it is in Middleburg she loves it there. If you have not been there before it should be on your list of places to visit. There are a bunch of shops and restaurants lining the the main road route 50.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Let me dig up some twisty roads and create a drive to Middleburg. There are some good pubs there to hang out at. More soon.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Pick a date, pick a time, pick a place - and post it. The old saying you can't please absolutely everyone definitely applies here. That said, for a meet & greet where new folks (to me) are likely, I really have no problem making a drive to do it. After all, isn't that what our baby's here, are all about?!

Only problem for me, is on any weekend event, I've got to either pre-plan it far enough out, to get out of other obligations, or - have a perfect balance of weather situation to accomodate. Weather just good enough to bring our babies out, but not good enough for jumping out of airplanes. It's a tough balance sometimes to strike. Usually windy/cloudy does it for me though.

So, if you can hit on one of those, I personally don't care if it's Alexandria, or Middleburg - I'll come out and play, and make the drive! Post it, and they will come. :cool:

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mike... If you're looking for the right roads to and thru Middleburg, check that link in my sig block below (and then click on the "Loudoun County Drive").

Would love to meet up with others and take a drive out there. Great roads.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Any update on this?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am looking for a good place to start and some fun roads out towards Middleburg. Don't know that area well.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Any thing else on this Mike?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't had the time to drive out that way. Anyone have a route already to go?

On a related note... I was at Clydes of Alexandria this afternoon... one of my Lotus-friendly places to drive to. Chatted with my friend Arvin, the manager. He thinks we should have a happy hour, and would be willing to provide designated parking out front, and discounts on at least drinks, perhaps food as well. He is suggesting Thursday July 2nd as a good date for this. So, it wouldn't be a drive, but an event to show off your ride, enjoy some drinks and snacks and meet other Lotus owners in the DC area. Sound good?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Mike any more interest in doing this?

·
Registered
992 Posts
if its not raining, i might be down with this... car hasnt seen the road in 2 weeks either

1 - 20 of 39 Posts