The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Information on the 3rd annual Cars and Copters show this September at the Plymouth Airport. Hope to see some of you guys there, it's always a great day. The show is completely free, but they take donations which go 100% to charity.

New England's most unique charity car show began in 2009 as a spin off of Boston Cars and Coffee, but in a relatively short amount of time the event has grown into a great event in its own right. There are few events that can boast 750+ cars, there are even less that can do so and manage to get you up close to a dozen different helicopters. Cars and Copter's home can be found at The Plymouth Municipal Airport.

Since our event in 2009, Cars and Copters has become the largest event Yuppieracing.net hosts. With the help of Driven Perfection, Heliops LLC, Plymouth Municipal Airport management, B and L Productions, and The Beantown Sound; Yuppieracing.net presents an event opened to all makes and models of cars and motorcycles to benefit The Jimmy Fund in honor of Ricky Hoffman.

In past years, almost all marques have been represented, from modern day super cars to vehicles dating back to the Pre War era. In addition to an amazing display of cars, people have the chance to get up close to some amazing flying machines as well as have the oppurtunity to go for a short helicopter ride around Plymouth Harbor.

Since its founding in 1948, the Jimmy Fund has supported the fight against cancer in children and adults at Boston's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, helping to raise the chances of survival for cancer patients around the world. All proceeds from the show are donated to Dana Farber's Jimmy Fund to honor Ricky Hoffman. Ricky was our special guest in 2009; he lost his battle to brain cancer shortly after the event. With our help, hopefully one day, the outcome will be different for another child.

Cars & Copters - YouTube

To sponsor the event, or make a donation, please email Peter at Yuppieracing.net for more information.

Please join us September 16th, 2012, and stay tuned for more information.

Once again, thank you for your continued support. Help us spread the word! Invite your family, friends, co-workers, or that random person down the street with that special car. We aim to make this event the bigger than ever, and need everyone's help to do it!

Peter
www.Yuppieracing.net

Alex
DRIVEN PERFECTION

Sam
PROFESSIONAL DISC JOCKEY SERVICES - THE BEANTOWN SOUND

Wes
Heliops - Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Rides for Boston, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Newport

Chris
New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars at AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am definitely in! Last year i couldn't go because I was still in PA, so this would be my first time going :)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completely forgot to bump this before today. Show was awesome, and i know a few people showed up.

snapped this towards the end. Our car, Tom's blue exige, and the guardian angel motorsports car.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Glad to see you guy finally got the red, white and blue setup. I was in the parking lot (paved) late....maybe 1pm. Took my son on a helicopter ride and did a very quick look at the cars. I hear that very late they were ticketing cars for no front plate. Luckily, we were gone by then.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Glad to see you guy finally got the red, white and blue setup. I was in the parking lot (paved) late....maybe 1pm. Took my son on a helicopter ride and did a very quick look at the cars. I hear that very late they were ticketing cars for no front plate. Luckily, we were gone by then.
Why did you get to the show late huh? And maybe your Lotus wasnt that important so thats why they sent yo over to the paved lot :p And what was your rush? Good thing i was out at 1:15 :D and that's BS. Screw the cops. Yeah you heard me "BURN IN HELL!"

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reports of tickets were greatly overstated. Many people had no problems with no front plate. The people who got hassled were doing very stupid things like burnouts and speeding on the crowded driveway. Cops were just doing their jobs, and everyone has been warned that they would be there. No need to give them any hate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts