The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all;

Some had expressed to having an Cars and Coffee so why not make it Cars, Coffee and Dimsum.
I had to spec out a parking lot that had ample room to spare (not easy in Markham) with both a coffee place and dimsum place.
Weather looks great this Saturday.
Where else is there great chinese food other than Markham. ;)

When: Sat Aug 4 9:30am-12:30pm
8505 Warden Avenue, Markham , Ont. (Warden & Hwy 7)
Access via Hwy 407 Warden exit or 404 exit Hwy 7 head east to Warden

Park in the parking lot just north of Second Cup
The owners of Second Cup are providing something nice. (I don't know what that means yet..maybe discount)
We can chit chat about cars between 9:30-11.

For those that are interested at 11am we walk over to Casa Victoria which is a really nice Dimsum. (Don't be late)
Casa Victoria Fine Dining - Markham, ON
We will be sharing tables so expect to have about $10-15 per person shared accordingly.
The dimsum is good here and I have yet gone when I was disappointed.

There should be a good number of exotics out.
In the end we can take one drive through Unionville Main Street and create a scene in front of the tourists. :)

cheers;
Saturn

Video's from past drives from my collection and other folks who have came out on the drives
(Thanks to Kumanan, Jakob and Nick for footage)

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Finally something in the East!

I agree, that dimsum place is good, more on the expensive side, but you can't go wrong.

Too bad it's a Saturday, otherwise, parking all the cars on Main Street would be awesome. Quite a few exotics parked there from time to time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We could create a ruckus and park along the strip and get some ice cream from Old Firehall for 15mins. :)

That would create a stir for sure. -eek-

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A number of you are coming so it should be a good turn-out .
The morning looks nice and sunny so far..but you never know with this weather. Look like rain in the afternoon but we should be done just at lunch.
Please note this is just a gathering and we will not be doing a drive.
A chance to talk shop and show our cars and have coffee and great dimsum.

We will do a slow but quick 10 min. drive after dimsum through Historic Unionville which is a nice touristy place.
We should be done by 12:30pm hopefully.

When: this Sat Aug 4 9:30am-12:30pm
8505 Warden Avenue, Markham , Ont. (Warden & Hwy 7)
Access via Hwy 407 Warden exit or 404 exit Hwy 7 head east to Warden
Dimsum from 11am-12:30pm

cheers;
Saturn

·
Registered
164 Posts
We could create a ruckus and park along the strip and get some ice cream from Old Firehall for 15mins. :)

That would create a stir for sure. -eek-
It's no parking on the weekend unfortunately. Then again, if we all park there, I'm sure we could talk the parking ticket dude from handing out tickets. Most people will just think it's a car show :up:

If the parking lot is not too full in the NE corner of Main and Carlton, that's another option.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This still a GO this morning. Weather is still good. No rain until 1pm. We will be done before 12:30pm.
See you there.

Saturn

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for hosting the event Saturn. Had a great time.

vkykam, you should really come to the track before you go back to HK with your Evora!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to those who came out. Nice turnout.

Specially surprised with the right hand 1st Gen Lotus Elise and one of my favorite (hopefully after convincing my wife) probable next purchase cars the Lotus Evora.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Darn, missed it.
In North York.
G

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 19 of 19 Posts