The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this event in case it draws a Lotus crowd larger than our typical weekend gathering. Once a year, C&C Irvine does a special event in the farming community of Rancho Carillo, up in the mountains near Lake Elsinore.

The best part of this event is that to get there, we get to drive a private road that inspired the Mazda "Zoom Zoom" road from the commercials. Details below.

Here's the commercial:

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
What time does the gate open?

San

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
early. I did this last year. It can get foggy/wet on the drive up there due to the gain in elevation, depending on the weather, so don't expect to be going THAT fast up. It is also quite a precarious, but awesome drive, so it's more about the experience then blowing doors off.

Community is great, last year the show lot (really just parking along the street) filled up quick, but it was a good show and benefits their volunteer fire dept. Lots of the local car industry (mazda, kia, lexus, etc etc) people live in this small community.

The gate is easy to miss btw. I will be going again this year.

I really really really hope that it does not fill up with retard mustangs and corvettes this year...last year some pretty legit industry people brought there cars out as enthusiasts and there was a GREAT turnout of some oddballs..

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Yep. The road is probably the scariest road I've driven, but super fun and amazing views. Access is right off the 74. Look for a red (I think) gate that's swung open.

·
7,598 Posts
A friend from out of town might visit that weekend and I don't know if he'll fit in my carbon seats. If I bring the C6 then I'm a "retard", so we'll see.

San

·
7,598 Posts
The only problem is you have to get there early to get the "paved" parking which is only two hundred spots, they say. Not sure the Noble will like wet roads either. Man, that means I have to leave at 5am.
Way earlier than that. The car show starts at 0630. Guessing there will some LEOs ready to pull speeders over (before the private road).

San

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
i might be in. i'll be in the rowland heights/diamond bar area for that weekend,... anyone want to cruise down the 57 with me to the 5?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zack - what's the meeting location you had in mind? I recall it was somewhere right at the base of Ortega. Let's use that as the meetup spot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was thinking we could meet up in the Bravo Burger parking lot off of Ortega. The address is:
31722 Rancho Viejo Road
San Juan Cpstrno‎ CA‎ 92675
United States

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in.

Chris, want to meet up in Irvine and head down to the Bravo Burger lot?
Sure. Let's meet up at Target @ spectrum. Show starts at 6:30, so i'm thinking we should meet up at 5 to gaurantee paved parking, unless Taylor knows that we can get away with meeting later.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Chris, AKio, since were all in Irvine, let's just meet at the elementary school on Dovecreek and Royal Oak. Chris, it's around the corner from you and me. That way, we can hop on the freeway after just a couple of other corners and go straight to the burger joint.
Flea, let us know the meeting time at the burger joint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chris, AKio, since were all in Irvine, let's just meet at the elementary school on Dovecreek and Royal Oak. Chris, it's around the corner from you and me. That way, we can hop on the freeway after just a couple of other corners and go straight to the burger joint.
Flea, let us know the meeting time at the burger joint.
Sounds good, will be there. My buddy Joey has white exige and will be meeting us as in Irvine well

Tyson

1 - 20 of 46 Posts