The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2014.

Well its approaching that time of year when nice cars are coming out of hibernation. So its time to post a new thread for C&C.

Feel free to extend the invitation to friends, family and other car nuts (doesn't matter what make). Preference is to keep things low key so we don't attract unwanted attention.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 4, 2014.
Exception during June we will only be meeting on June 8th and June 29th, as there are other car events that some of our regulars may want to attend. In July will resume every other weekend.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest.

This isn't just for Lotus or Porsches, so as mentioned earlier if you have friends with other fun cars feel free to invite them or bring them along.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and meeting some new car friends too.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thought I'd say hey to you all ... former Elise owner and expecting delivery of my Evora before Sunday. I'll come by Taunton and say hi in person! Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Steve,

Welcome and congrats on your new Evora. Its always nice to have some new faces at our gatherings. The weather is looking iffy, so keep your fingers crossed for some nice weather in the morning. Please check back here by 7:30 Sunday morning in case we need to reschedule due to weather.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry I missed you all, no Lotus in my garage yet :( If none by next time, I'll bring the 911. Steve

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Great first meet of the season. Plenty of new faces and cars, Andrew, Brad, Don, Howard, Fcar Kenny, Steven MB SL, etc. As always it was great catching up with faces from the past, Dan, Charlie, Alex, Ken, Steve 930, Steve 981S, Raoul, Eduardo, and anyone else I may have missed in this post. If we continue to get more new folks, I may have to invest in name tags. Also great to see several ladies joining us today! I usually try to post when my wife, will be there in case someone is bringing a wife for the ride who isn't really into cars. Thanks for a great start to the season. Our next meet is in 2 weeks - May 18th.

Steve, you should have joined us even without your Evora arriving. Raoul proudly represented the Lotus crowd with his beautiful white Elise, and we had several Pcars and other makes. Hope you'll come join us the next time regardless of which car you are driving.

I am currently working on plans for a drive (another attendee and I plan to drive and scout the roads next Saturday)...and I project our Taunton C&C group drive will probably be at the end of June or maybe early July so stay tuned.

Below are some pix. Sorry if not everyone's names or cars got mentioned, but if you continue to join us I'm sure at some point you will earn those dubious distinctions.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is coming up May 18th. Also, if interested in a drive this season, please see my other posts in the Northeast Region.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Frank,

Hope all has been good with you. Yes there were some familiar faces, but several new cars and peeps too! Lets keep our fingers crossed for nice weather.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
376 Posts
If the weather holds, I'm there.
Noel

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If the weather holds, I'm there.
Noel
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. If the weather isn't looking good I will post here canceling it before 7:30 the morning of the meet.

Seems destined for me to never make one of these meets. Bachelor parties and vacations eat up all the C&C Sundays in May and June, so the earliest one I can partake in is July 13th.

Sigh.
As long as we have good weather and there is interest we usually continue our meets well into the fall. So hopefully you will get to join us at least a few times during the driving season.

Best regards,
Dino

1 - 20 of 80 Posts