The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh wow, what great news!! Today, a truckload of cars showed up at my house! I now have 10 'unallocated' Elise's sitting in my driveway.

The truck driver said he didn't know anything about it.
Lotus says they are a gift.

Ohhhh... Ahhh... imagine my luck. I was just sitting here cutting my grass and all of a sudden all these extra cars just appeared.

I guess it was residual images of faxes that I sent to LCU when I ordered my actual car. Somehow I think the fax machine simply re-dialed the number and placed orders for a few more cars.

*POOF*

It's magic!!!

;) :p

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
:D When you put it that way it just shows how stupid those dealers sound, trying to pass that story on us "stupid" deposit holders. OR, if they are telling the truth, how stupid Lotus is for this screw up. Lotus either needs to crack down on this BS or come clean and say "sorry, we made a mistake".

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Off topic...

My mortgage company called me today and told me that they're going to double my mortgage payment AND switch it from a 30-year to a 50-year loan, because the value of my house has increased. I tried to tell them that they can't do that, because I only borrowed $x dollars from them, but they told me that they don't guarantee mortgages... they base all payments on the market value of your house, and that I now owe them $2x and I would have to pay the higher rate or lose my house.

I wrote a letter to the FDIC, but received no reply from them. I heard off-hand through a homeowners' resource NPO that the government won't control morgage lenders because with interest rates so low, there aren't many of them around. Also, they won't reply to the general public for unknown reasons. But expecting them to intervene in dealings between you and your bank is a futile task.

(EDIT: the above is a metaphor)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well unless you are old or very rich, really isn't any reason to. Good tax shelter.

The problem with Transio's scenario is that by me being a mortgage banker, I would now find myself very rich and would have no problem paying over MSRP for an Elise. :D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Genjuro said:
Oh wow, what great news!! Today, a truckload of cars showed up at my house! I now have 10 'unallocated' Elise's sitting in my driveway.

The truck driver said he didn't know anything about it.
Lotus says they are a gift.

Ohhhh... Ahhh... imagine my luck. I was just sitting here cutting my grass and all of a sudden all these extra cars just appeared.

I guess it was residual images of faxes that I sent to LCU when I ordered my actual car. Somehow I think the fax machine simply re-dialed the number and placed orders for a few more cars.

*POOF*

It's magic!!!

;) :p
You must be a 'distributor' ?!?!?!? ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
After I placed my first (and only) deposit in Jan 03, I toyed with the idea of placing 10 or 12 deposits. Wish I had done that. I could have ordered each of the colors and then decided at my leisure which to keep and then sold the rest to finance my purchase. Plus most people here would have congratulated me on my sharp business acumen in just being a good capitalist. Maybe next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts