The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone tried it?

I know some of you guys send your oil off to labs, so if anyone is doing this with EDGE. I'm definitely curious.

Castrol USA - Castrol EDGE

curious as to thoughts from those with more oil knowledge than I. Heck I'll take comments from those with less knowledge too. Its a monday might as well be generous.

THIS is interesting.
Castrol Edge
since we have camshaft lobe issues

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't see 5W-40 listed, that would be a show-stopper for me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sadly its only 5w30 and 10w30. I figured I'd ask b/c I've read a few ppl on here who don't use the recommended 5w40...so curiosity got the best of me. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
well know here in europe.
i use the castrol Edge 10w60 for a long time and one of the best on track !
In our lotus book, lotus say : for normal use : 5w40 for hard drive or track use : Castrol Edge 10W60

·
Registered
402 Posts
Google that term on the forums here and you will go blind reading all the discussion of Castrol Edge.

The current opinion of the herd is that it is not significantly better than any of the common synthetics (i.e. Mobil 1) but costs more.

I use Castrol Syntec 5w-40. With 2 oil coolers, the huge oil volume relative to displacement, and max 3k mile changes, I'm sure I'm changing it out well before any quality syn oil would be used up enough to compromise engine life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts