The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to those who have installed catch can. What have you done if you want to return to stock setup? Can you buy new hoses to replace the ones that are cut to install the catch cans?

I tried going to the local auto store but can't get the hoses as one is large to small diameter.
thanks

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Or your Toyota dealer as it is a hose out of a 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S or a Pontiac Vibe or a Toyota Matrix.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out lotus garage couldn't find it on there website. Will call the dealer today. Hadn't thought about a Toyota dealer. What part would i ask for when calling the dealer?
thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK i called the dealer both toyota and lotus. Lotus wanted 48 per hose and toyota wanted 27 per hose. I told them i needed it for the 03 toyota celica GT-S. SO i am hoping they are correct. But they have to get them out of the warehouse and not sure how long it will take.
Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
OK i called the dealer both toyota and lotus. Lotus wanted 48 per hose and toyota wanted 27 per hose. I told them i needed it for the 03 toyota celica GT-S. SO i am hoping they are correct. But they have to get them out of the warehouse and not sure how long it will take.
Thanks again for the info.
03 Celica GT-S and you are fine. Truthfully I have not found ANY differences between those cars and ours. Some even said that our half shafts are different, but from what I have found so far, the driver side half shaft is the exact same size as that for the Celica GT-S. I had O'Reilly's order one up for me and laid them down next to each other. Spline count I believe is the same if I remember correctly on either side, c-clip location, and length/diameter...if I remember.

So all in all I haven't found much different yet. Clutches are identical as well. Needless to say Toyota dealer should/will probably ALWAYS be cheaper to deal with than the lotus dealer when it comes to engine parts.

The only place where I think the two differ is really the ECU. I believe Lotus tweaked with the ECU to get the higher power band out of it than the Celica GT-S, but not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts