The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
hello
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering adding catch cans on my NA elise. However the ones I have seen in person took the place of the windshield washer reservoir. I like to keep that as I use it from time to time.

Any suggestions for a nice set that requires min modifications to the car? Or any feedback by people that have them installed for a while now?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I have had the sector cans and now have Saikou Michi cans in both Loti. Didn't have to remove the washer. Your fine and both install easy.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
+1 with pro, they look better than all!

·
hello
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May I ask why you want to install them on a NA car?
I got an error code recently that was related to a dirty throttle body. As I understand it, catch cans can help in minimizing such problems. I was told that if you drive on the track or push the engine in the second cam, you will find that you collect a lot of oil in the catch cans that otherwise could cause such minor issues.

I am still researching it by the way, so it is not conclusive on what I will do.

If it is something cheap, easy and reversible, I am inclined to do it for piece of mind. For example, the person that told me about catch cans, had removed the windshield washer to install a catch can and a fuel surge tank. I am not willing to trade that out of the car.

·
hello
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A follow-up question, as I have read some conflicting information. Do any of these require modifications to the car? I know there is cutting of the PCV hose, but is there also drilling or any other modification? I am looking for a solution that is reversible if I decide the catch cans were not doing anything for me.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,609 Posts
Some of the vendors’ sites have descriptions like “uses existing mounting bolt locations” or have pdf installation instructions. I can take some pics of the mounting bracket on mine tomorrow but the bracket you end up with may differ. If you install the catch cans I would keep them installed, even if this doesn’t fix the current issue you have they will keep some oil from going through the intake system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts