The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to install a catch can if adding an SC kit? Does the Elise SC and Exige S have a factory catch can?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Do I need to install a catch can if adding an SC kit? Does the Elise SC and Exige S have a factory catch can?

Thanks!
it's not a bad idea because you do get more blow-by with a sc and the factory cars do not come with them. carl

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'd certainly put one on an S, otherwise oil will coat the inside of the intercooler and hurt its efficiency.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
I'm currently in the process of developing a Lotus specific catch can. Please stay tuned for more details :D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
there is one out already

see attached picture

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the catch can pictured above - works perfect on my S.

FWIW - within 1,000 miles from new the I/C was coated with oil. This winter, the I/C was cleaned of all oil when catch can was installed (and other mods).

WW

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just emailed Saikou. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
311 Posts
+1 for Catch Cans from Saikou. I just installed mine last weekend. Very well designed and fit nicely. Looks factory installed.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Cost and EPA regulations.. The 2zz has a lot of blow by when boosted.
Cost at least. The blow-by still goes into the manifold, although the oil and water mist are trapped in the catch can. I suppose they may have figured your normal owner would never empty the can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts