The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caterham F1 Team Raided by Baliffs, Racecars and Equipment Seized.

Recently, Caterham has been having some financial woes and their manager, Team Principal Christijan Albers, resigned recently after the team was sold. Pirelli threatened to stop sending the team sets of tires amidst missed payments, which would suggest that the team has lost quite a bit of funding if they can't supply rubber to their wheels.

Tony Fernandes, the previous owner of Caterham, apparently owed more debts than the team realized. According to TJ13, the team is behind payments to other suppliers besides Pirelli, such as Red Bull and Renault.

As of this afternoon (in the UK), a large sum of equipment was taken from their building following a baliff visit yesterday, including a test car, simulation equipment, Pirelli tires (of course), and memorabilia from Lotus and Caterham. As employees were forced out of the building, sources said that they were required to shut off all equipment, including servers.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I watched the driver smash the F1 car in qual last night.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
:facepalm Puts Lotus F1 two cars closer to the back of the pack!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
So it's safe to say Caterham will go down in history as the shortest F1 racing career?
not hardly... even recent "Brawn" only raced one year as a constructor - of course they did win both championships

there is a long list of teams that only competed in one or a few races back in the "golden era" when you could do that. (aston martin, bugatti, etc...)

Eagle (gurney) made it 3 year? i think - fairly successful if not short lived.

HRT made it 3? years at the back of the pack. Virgin 2 years? i think Honda did about the same but more in the middle of the pack.

midland 1 year, then spyker 1 year... caterham (assuming they are dead) is just one of a long long list of teams that gave it shot but it never came together for them. they out lasted a couple of their peers though!

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
FOR SALE Slightly used 2014 F1 cars. make an offer....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts